UPDATE from 6/6/2016:Mother Cat Died of 4 playful kittens and THEY ARE STILL HERE!!!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer

ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer Member

I don't know what i am doing

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Reason for edit: I don't know hat I am doing!!!
  2. ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer

I do not know how to delete the ABOVE picture..It is not the right one...[​IMG]

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You need to contact some rescue groups or shelters in the area and find out who's doing TNR around there so they can at least be fixed or you're going to end up with a lot more than 4 cats hanging around!!

You're a good person Fran....that's why you can't "do nothing and look away"...there's nothing you need to be ashamed of in that!!

4. Chris & China (GA)

Go through "More options" and delete it (usually I just have to backspace through it) and then choose the correct file to take it's place.....that's quite a smorgasbord they have!!

5. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Fran. So glad to hear Elliot is maintaining his remission.

As for the kittens, is there a TNR group nearby? They would at least trap and neuter the little ones to prevent a kitty population explosion and goodness knows there are far too many without homes already!

Beautiful homestead you have there BTW but the kitty pic is still my favourite!:)

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

We have a family of strays in our garage. Mom cat (Black Bubble) had 3 litters... 3 kittens, 2 kittens, then 4 kittens. Of the 1st litter 2 are still around (Jersey and Phantom). Of the 2nd litter Whiskey is here but his twin died. Of the third litter we were able to tame them, found homes for two and kept two. We were given a have a heart trap from a friend and caught the four outside. A neighbor who does TNR got me in touch with the head of our county's animal control. They have vouchers for people to have strays fixed. Got all four fixed at no cost. Dad cat is still out there.... Hes wise to the trap. Lol. I'm glad we were able to do that though. 4 outside cats are manageable but in no time at all there would be dozens of we did nothing.

7. ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer

OMG....JanetNJ...I have got to find help. Sharon 14, from here, gave me a phone number and a woman is going to call me back...This is not manageable for me.
    I lost my original post that was an update that the kittens, father and another grey cat made their home on my front porch . Their mother died while still nursing so what else could we do but care for them??? Now, we are feeding them and 2 others . There are 11 plates out on my porch. This AM I got up for COFFEE not cats..and they were all staring in the windows. I thought we could stop feeding them, since Frank is going overboard with their foods...but they haven't had a chance to learn how to hunt or find food...because we fed them as soon as their mom died. They were still nursing. We could probably trap them but then what??? The shelter here is overloaded with cats asking people to foster the one's they have got. Also, they have not a very good reputation at all....We're in the south.

8. ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer

Mr W's mom, I will start searching again for TNR?? Is that Trap and Neuter? I thought my post and all was accidentally deleted..I do not see anything...Sorry

9. JanetNJ

I hear ya. We take care of the four outside then have 7 inside. Warehouse clubs have good deals on food. Hahaha. Why 11 plates for 6 cats?

10. JanetNJ

It stands for trap neuter release.

11. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

12. Chris & China (GA)

If they can't be tamed, you may end up with a small feral colony Fran, but it doesn't have to be all that hard to take care of. Of course we all know the "evils" of kibble, but if it's a choice between food and starvation, it's the lessor of two evils. There's no reason they each need a separate bowl....use something like a 9x13 cake pan and fill it up as needed. If there are other "adult" cats in the area (and if that's daddy, he'll do...even if he's not daddy, he'll do!) the kittens will learn to hunt from the adults

Of course the best thing to happen would be that they're tame enough to find new homes for, but just in case you end up with them, it really doesn't have to be so much work to care for them

What's important right now is getting them trapped/neutered before you end up with an explosion of kittens

13. ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer

Oh well, I tried and all is gone...I forgot that it was you who had to fix my graph when I screwed it up..Thanks again..
    I see Frank providing dry and wet food and splitting the wet up because they don't seem to share very easily.
    I thought Southern Pines (who kill every other day)was Pine Belt?? I will check it out. Thanks ...I have emailed Hub City because their phone is disconnected or OOO.

14. ELLIOTT & Fran Munschauer

You are such a good person but I cannot end up with more animals. Of course, I will provide for them until...????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.