(update) GOOD NEWS for Wednesday. THANKS for your help!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by alexia&wednesday, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexia&wednesday

alexia&wednesday Member

My cat Wednesday was having problems regulating.
    I posted on here several times last week. I thought maybe she was getting too high of a dose and possibly going into rebound.

People on here convinced me that she was probably not on a high enough dose, which I was resistant to accepting because I am stuck believing higher dose meant failure. I really wanted to her go into remission, since it seemed like her DM came on so suddenly (she became deathly ill with pancreatitis/DKA VERY quick), I thought maybe I could get it to go away quickly.

Anyway, so I increased her dose to 2.75U BID (from 2.25 then 1 week later I went up to 2.50). I was spot checking her and it didn't show much improvement, and then I ran out of strips and with this HUGE snow storm here, the new ones were late to be delivered.
    I finally got them today and tested her.
    178, at +10 AMPS! This is the LOWEST she has been since early December. Now I can spot check her more and see how the rest of her curve looks!

Yay!

I would be a (bigger) mess without this board. Seriously, Thanks for all your help.

- Alexia & Wednesday

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Hang in there Alexia. You might want to take a look at Kathy/Kitty's spreadsheet - it will give you some hope.

3. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Sometimes you have to go up to come down, don't lose hope!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It's great to hear that Wednesday is turning a corner.

5. alexia&wednesday

alexia&wednesday Member

ha, of course 3 hours after this beautiful blue number, she went up to 348 like the good 'ol days.

annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.