Update on Blue's days.

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Alexia and Blue, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

7/19
    AMPS 120 No shoot 3% food
    PMPS 89 No shoot 4% food

7/20
    AMPS 92 No shoot 4% food
    PMPS +16 89 No shoot 5% food

7/21
    AMPS 87 No shoot 5% food

Confused. He is maintaining his greens really well for the most part. So should I be shooting him that low considering how low he tends to drop with insulin or should I be starting a trial? Even the day that he gave me a blue, he pulled it down to a green. What's next for my little man?

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you are already in a trial, no? Looks like it to me!!! party_cat

You haven't given a shot for several days now, right? I would keep a no shoot - some stay with 150 and some raise it to 180 at this point, from what I have seen. If he goes above those levels then you shoot the last dose that worked well. If he gets a little high, like low to mid-100s, then I would try feeding and see if that does the trick. If not and the #s keep climbing, then you could shoot a little. I definitely wouldn't shoot on any of these #s you are seeing now.

From what I have read, you keep testing PSs for a while - if you hit the 2 week mark with no shot, then it's official!!! It seems like often their #s will run slightly higher the first few days, and then they either drift up and need insulin, or start bringing them lower on their own, like 50s & stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.