Update on Blue's days.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alexia and Blue, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

7/19
    AMPS 120 No shoot 3% food
    PMPS 89 No shoot 4% food

7/20
    AMPS 92 No shoot 4% food
    PMPS +16 89 No shoot 5% food

7/21
    AMPS 87 No shoot 5% food

Confused. He is maintaining his greens really well for the most part. So should I be shooting him that low considering how low he tends to drop with insulin or should I be starting a trial? Even the day that he gave me a blue, he pulled it down to a green. What's next for my little man?

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Fantastic!! Looks like Blue is on the way to OTJ - off the juice - and diet controlled

If he stays in normal numbers for 14 days with NO insulin, he is considered OTJ

Continue to test periodically, as infections or illness can cause his blood sugar to go up again and possibly to need insulin for a while.

3. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Looks like you've started your OTJ trial! Congrats! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

4. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Alexia, it's great to see how well Blue is doing! Keep up the good work, Blue! :D

5. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

been looking for an update and well, wow.

let's see if he can maintain this for at least 14 days and maybe just maybe this cat has had enough insulin.

I suggest during this time to test at his PS times and get at least one more check in per cycle - let's really see how well he maintains this - you pick the times make them random, since you're now just peeking.....just want to see if he can maintain on his own and well - i think he may....but shhhhhh don't tell him or he may reconsider losing our bet!

6. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

looks like his OTJ trial is already started.
    to help his pancreas along at this time, it would help to feed a spoonful of food every few hours instead of a larger meal while you're at home.
    if you see a higher number but don't want to give insulin just yet, give a bite or two of food and check his BG again 45 min to 3 hrs later to see if he brings his number down on his own. if he doesn't, give a drop of insulin.

7. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

Thank you everyone! We are very excited here at home! So weird that we unintentionally started a trial, haha! He just decided to stay in the greens, fingers crossed me can do this! Tonight we got a PMPS 61!!! Yay, Blue! Maybe I should change his name to Green, :lol:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.