Update on Jake's liver failure

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA), Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA)

Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA) Well-Known Member

This is cross posted from the Lantus group.

It is with a very heavy heart and many tears that I have to tell all of you at FD that Jake is gone. He crossed peacefully last night in his cat bed. I fell asleep holding him last night and then I put him in his bed. I woke up at 5 and checked him and he had just passed. Even though I knew this day would come, I'm still heartbroken and not sure how to live life without Jake. He has lived with me for 17 of his 19 years. For the last 8 of those years, I planned everything around his insulin injections or vet visits. I've always lived with cats but none as special as Jake. I will never forget the way he would cry for his chicken; the way he knew I was eating white cheddar popcorn and would stop at nothing to get his head in the bag; the way he was so good and never complained during our numerous visits to the vet; the way he greeted everyone who came to our house; the way he loved to walk on a leash all around our garden; the way he and Chocolate laid together on the couch for hours every day; the way he was a meanie to our cat Chloe; the way he would be waiting for me at the front door when I got home from work; the way he was so patient about getting his ear poked for BG checks. Everyone loved Jake. He will be so missed.
    Thank you to everyone for all the kind words and support. I am very grateful to everyone on FD, especially everyone in the Lantus group and then everyone on the main forum who has supported me and Jake. I am so grateful for all of the advice and knowledge. Jake and I would not have made it as far as we did without everyone and without this group. I still plan to visit the group often and keep up with everyone and the kitties even though Jake is gone. There is a wealth of expertise and knowledge here.
    Edited to add the last condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19847

2. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I am so sorry for your loss of Jake.

~M

3. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.
    wings_cat

4. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Lydia)) I am so sorry anout the passing of your sweet Jake. He went on his own terms surrounded by the feeling of your love. Fly free Jake!!

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers.

6. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. Sounds like Jake had a great life with you.

7. laur+danny+horde

laur+danny+horde Member

I am very sorry for your loss. I didn't know Jake, but your tribute brought a smile for the "I need chicken!" cry, but also some tears since I know how your heart must have such a gaping hole in it. Try to hold the good memories close.

laur

8. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((LYDIA))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wrapping you in cyber hugs. I am so sorry for your loss. Jake is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. rb_icon

wings_cat

9. Lee and Tida (GA)

Lee and Tida (GA) Member

I'm so sorry to hear this. Fly free sweet Jake! He sure was a handsome boy!

10. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Lydia))))) I am so very sorry for your loss. May you in time find peace and smile at your memories of Jake. Fly free, sweet Jake. wings_cat

11. cjleo

cjleo Member

So very sorry for your loss. Fly free Jake.

Claudia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.