Update on Kylee PM BG 57

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kylee and Her Mom Renee', Mar 3, 2019.

1. Kylee and Her Mom Renee'

Kylee and Her Mom Renee' Member

Just an update. Not comfortable with the low PM BG of 57. Not used to seeing low numbers.
    I Changed her liter box two days ago. Today hubs was vaccuming her room and notice she had peed on the plastic I have under her liter box. I was shocked. Right away, I checked on her. She hates the vaccum...as do I. I waited until the noise stopped, checked her BG and it said 57. I gave her a treat and made sure she ate. I need to check I think again tonight...and maybe in the morning.
    She has been wanting to sleep a lot....

I hope all the sugar babies and beans are going good this March.....getting close to spring. Here in California we have weeds and lots of rain. The trees are staring to bud out and some are blooming. The sun is shinning so I am grateful for that.
    Have a bless day/night.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Kylee's off the juice so you don't need to worry so much. Idjit once had a 41 or 42 and my eyes popped out. Keep an eye on her though, if she's sleepy and lethargic and missing the LB. Make sure she's getting some water in her food so she's hydrated. Keep us posted please.

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

As long as she isn't on insulin, there is nothing to worry about with that PMBG. Some kitties will drop lower when stressed so the noise of the vaccum could have dropped her a bit lower. Why don't you grab another test sometime today 3 hours after she has eaten so you know the number isn't a food spike.

Wondering though about the urinating on the plastic. I would just keep an eye on that

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

By any chance, did you change her litter? If you normally use unscented litter and happened to pick up the scented stuff, your kitty may avoid the box.

As others said, no worries about a low number if your cat is OTJ.

5. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Good idea about the litter, I didn't think of that. We learned that Idjit doesn't like the clay litter, especially the scented. We changed to the Okocat clumping litter with great success.

6. Kylee and Her Mom Renee'

Kylee and Her Mom Renee' Member

Thanks. No same liter. It is pine pellets they used at the shelter and I have used for three years. It was odd. But, yes, I will watch her. I hope she doesn't pea on the sofa like before her DX.That was a night mare!!!
    Thank you all for responding.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It could also be a sign of a UTI or blockage but blockages are more frequent in males.