Update on Morgaine and a Big Thank You!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by skybar22, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skybar22

skybar22 Well-Known Member

I wanted to give you all an update on my fur baby, Morgaine.

A little over 2 weeks ago she was diagnosed with diabetes and her BG was 292 and urine was +3. She was eating Hill's prescription R/D wet and dry for weight loss. She did lose 5 pounds over a 3 year period on this diet but developed diabetes, definitely not the way to go, IMO.

After switching her food to FF low carb classics, she is now having blood tests that are around 100 and sometimes a bit lower. I am testing her every couple of days now, at different times and she is doing really well on diet alone. I am hopeful that this will continue.

So, thanks to all who offered support, encouragement and information to keep me sane and help me get through this scary process. I am now a monthly contributor to this site and will continue to check in and visit here. I am also amazed at how fast a diet change alone turned things around for us.

Wishing you all well and if I can ever be of any assistance to others, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Rosalie and Morgaine

2. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

This is such good news !!!!

Give Morgaine some extra head scritches tonight !!!

3. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Wonderful news!!

4. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

5. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

Whoooohoooo! That's great!
    One more for the diet change first approach!!!!!!!!
    Glad to have you with us!

6. cjleo

cjleo Member

Hi Rosalie,

So glad to hear the good news. Keep up the good work. And, I love her name. Where did her name come from?

Claudia

7. skybar22

skybar22 Well-Known Member

Claudia,
    She is named after the main character in Marion Zimmer-Bradley's book, The Mists of Avalon. Morgaine is the magical half sister of King Arthur. My girl is a very large calico with long hair and I am sure there is some Maine Coon in her because when I say large I mean it, :lol: I tried to upload a picture of her but all of my pictures are too big and no matter how small I make them, they all get rejected as not the right size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.