Update on Ser

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sergei Waddell, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sergei Waddell

Sergei Waddell Member

I visited the doctor Tuesday. I gave more blood because Doc thought the results from my previous test were 'too' normal, and I thought it wold be a good idea to have my thyroid checked out because I still just don't feel like eating. Oh and get this - it turns out I have fleas! Just a few doc said, but holy smokes how could my roommates have missed that? I've never been treated for fleas and this is their first exposure to them(in 15yrs) Idiots! They asked about tape worm - Doc said that is out of the question - wrong symptoms. He said my heartbeat was a little elevated, gave me more fluids and sent me home. The only bit of food I could get i down was Beechnut chicken, and it was not very much. Vomitting has stopped, but I really am just not interested in food or water. I've had one bm, and urinated only a few times in the past 3 days. Needless to say, I'm not feeling great.

The thyroid results came back yesterday- normal, but the glucose was much higher than the readings we had been getting at home - 245 vs 100(+/- 15). Doc suggested asking the lab for AC1 test. They had enough of my blood anyway.... so we went for it. These results came back today and Doc said this confirmes that I am diabetic.

I started on 1U of insulin 2x a day this afternoon. I just hope to get my appetite back soon. My roommates are getting concerned. Plus I don't like the idea of these two administering insulin when I am not interested in eating, AND their meter doesn't seem to be very accurate....

Ser

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Uhhh I hope you are feeling better real soon. Sending prayers...
    jeanne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.