Update / Question about Curve

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JennRoss86, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JennRoss86

JennRoss86 Member

Hey Everyone!

I am forever indebted to this forum for all your help you've given me so far! Grey was in the low to mid blues all day yesterday. I plan to do a curve on Thursday because it is my only day off until Monday, and I don't want to adjust his dose that far away. Can someone take a peek at my (new-ish) chart and see if I've given him enough (or will have given him enough) 0.5U to do a curve Thursday?

I also attached a pic of him smiling :) I hope all of your kitty's are doing well! Give them all nose boops for me:cat:

Love,
    Jenn & Mister Grey

Attached Files:

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

What a super cutie!
    Are you doing TR or SLGS?
    With TR you can do curve on Thursday, if SLGS they say wait 7 days which would be monday

3. JennRoss86

JennRoss86 Member

Thank you!

I guess I'm doing a TR or something in between the two? I just did a +7 check that read 104, which is great! Tonights shoot will be #5 for this 0.5 dose and he's been blue for 3 days (see SS)

My concern is 8 days ago I switched his diet from high carb dry, to low carb/high protein wet only. He was getting 9U 2x day at the end of April. I kept him off insulin for several days before joining this forum, and the food dropped his numbers significantly. Someone recommended that I start at the 0.5 dose and see how it goes. He's doing very well, and if I give him the #6 dose tonight I'm expecting him to drop into the green numbers, which is why I think a curve would be beneficial at this point?

4. Bellasmom

5. Bellasmom

do curve tomorrow
    That is amazing that he was on 9u!! In April, good going moms bean, u got him down to .5

6. JennRoss86

JennRoss86 Member

Thank you!! I feel like I've been enlightened after researching on my own, finding this wonderful forum and experimenting!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it safe to say that if I'm +7 from his AM shot, then the 104 reading could possibly be Nadir?

Also, I'm currently troubleshooting how to input numbers on a separate sheet to create my own graph for his curve tomorrow :)

7. Bellasmom

When you do the curve the lowest point is the nadir, the 107 could possibly be, hard to say with just that 1 in middle of day, could have been lower, we don’t know, but with the curve you will know

8. Bellasmom

Put the curve on your spreadsheet where we can see it

9. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

The difference in his BGs after a food change is stunning!! Very nice run of blues going on right now. Yes, I think you can do a curve at this dose tomorrow. Cute smiling kitty! :)

10. JennRoss86

JennRoss86 Member

Thank you, I'm so proud of him!!

I just made a chart from an old curve I did back in January when he was on Vetsulin. It was the curve that changed the vets mind and we switched Grey to Lantus. I'll add tomorrow's curve also! I can't wait for these numbers!!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.