update: Sherlock's new vet

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LexaJoy, Sep 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

My wife and I took Sherlock to a new vet on Saturday morning. They were extremely accommodating, which was a relief after our vet visit on Thursday. This vet is going to remove the growth on Sherlock's chin on Tuesday morning, and he seems to think they can handle it quickly enough that we'll be in and out by 10 am or so. He didn't put any pressure on us for more testing (we'd done blood and urinalysis on Thursday), he didn't chastise us for not having Sherlock on insulin already, and didn't stress any of us out at all. It was such a turnaround after our last visit, and this is the vet we'll be using from now on.

We've decided that we will try revisiting insulin. I'm still very, very wary after our last experience, but I want to give Sherlock every chance he can have to live a long and happy life. The vet we're seeing now says we can talk about it when we bring Sherlock back to see how his chin looks post-surgery, so it will probably be later in the week or early next by the time we start insulin. We're hopeful this won't impact his healing too much, but we understand that it's a risk with a diabetic kitty.

I just wanted to thank everyone who weighed in last week, when I was in a bad spot and needed a little support to keep moving forward. We'll check in again after his surgery.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

That is a cute photo! I'm glad you found a vet that you feel more comfortable with.

3. JeanW

JeanW Member

So glad you found a vet you like better and who seems more able and willing to work with and who doesn't stress you out or scold you.

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how things go.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Great news! Let is know how we can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.