Update Timmie

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jo-Anne Croghan, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jo-Anne Croghan

Jo-Anne Croghan New Member

I just managed to take a successful glucose reading on Timmie and it was 254. The last reading at the vet was 468 about 10 days ago.

Bellasmom, Dyana and Kris & Teasel like this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Congratulations on getting a test done yourself! :D Best way to keep Timmie safe.

3. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the testing !!

This will really help you and Timmie get his diabetes under control, keep the on with training and getting him used to you handling his ears, that is probably what botters them more even more than the prick itself always give him his reward regardless if you were successful or not

4. Jo-Anne Croghan

Jo-Anne Croghan New Member

Teasel and Babu-chiri are very pretty cats. Did not think of a spreadsheet, although I have been recording the readings. I was able to get a few readings before he was diagnosed, but he was
    so difficult I had to focus on delivering the injections. I was not worried about too low glucose level since he was so elevated. Timmie is an orange tabby male.

This darn cat just does not like to be picked up! I had to burrito him to test him today. It is getting better though.

Bellasmom and Kris & Teasel like this.
  5. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Thanks and hang in there, they do get used to it, you just have to make sure he associates the pricking with the reward and make sure he really likes the reward so that he looks forward to it, I also started testing Babu taco(burrito) style and still do, just now is more psychological, I actually just put him on the towel and he knows is testing time and doesn't move I don't really need to get it tight or anything

Bellasmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.