Update with Delilah

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Gawgagrl, Dec 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gawgagrl

Gawgagrl Member

What's wrong now?
    AMPS 197 (no insulin since 6 am yesterday so 24 hours since last injection)
    BG +4 (no injection) 216
    BG +10.5 (no injection) 208
    She has eaten 2 cans of purina DM today. Still having loose stools and now her tummy is growling loudly (lasted about 30 mins after last can) and her tummy feels harder than usual. Was able to test for ketones and showed trace amount on the stick. Her back end looks raw from all the loose stools and dragging butt on carpets. And now she keeps going under the bed. I'm calling the vet in the morning to see what's going on and prob take her in instead of waiting until tues. She's pretty alert (more than she has been the last 2 days) but still fairly lazy.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Could be pancreatitis or some sort of GI upset.

Keep a very close eye on this. I'd test again before bed because ketones can build quickly.

Good plan.

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Sounds like the food is giving her indigestion. Maybe a food sensitivity. You could give her a probiotic to help with the loose stools but she may need a different food.

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Gawgagrl

Gawgagrl Member

I'm getting fortiflora from the vet tomorrow since all the pet stores were out this weekend. And I'm having her hind end shaved tomorrow because it all keeps getting stuck in her "pants" so I know she's not enjoying the baths or wipes to get her clean and her hiney looks so raw right now :( She's pooped 3 times and her tummy has gone down. I think she just overate tonight. Tested her ketones again.. they are somewhere between none and trace on the color chart so that's good because it was a solid match for trace earlier.

5. Gawgagrl

Gawgagrl Member

So far Dee hasn't received a lantus injection since sat morning (12/16) and she's been hovering right at 200. She seems to be acting more alert and like herself but still not 100%. Plus, she's still having very loose stool that want to stick to her fur :( I came home today after a 10 hr shift at the hospital and she had dragged poop all down the hallway and in my bedroom. Luckily I have laminate floors and no carpet so easy enough to clean up. I'm hoping once we get that issue cleared up she'll feel even better! Hoping the probiotics work soon since I have family coming to stay thurs night with me and then taking both cats to my parents for Christmas and really don't want her messing up my parents carpet :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.