(UPDATED) Trouble interpreting numbers

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jenna Josie, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Hi to All --

We're finding Josie's numbers confusing and would love your experienced insight. After her 51 (PM +6) on 7/12, she ran a little higher the next two cycles, including in the PM. The next day (so the 3rd cycle after), her AM nadir was 80 on 1.5, so we eyeballed 1.25 for the PM shot since the PS numbers were virtually the same for both AMPS and PMPS that day. We figured that was a good idea since she typically runs lower at night.

That didn't go so well: she ended up in the pink the next AMPS! But then the next two cycles (last night and this AM), we had to stall, and this morning's PS number seemed particularly weird since she was barely into the blues at +5 last night. I was dreaming before the alarm went off this morning that she would be in the 400s, I was so sure the 1.25 decision last night was a mistake, so the 135 initial AMPS today was quite a surprise.

Two variables: busy weekend, so we were not spot on with the 12-hour interval: Sat PM (6:15); Sun AM (7:00); Sun PM (6:15; shot at 6:45 after stall); today's AM (6:20; shot at 6:45 after stall). Also, terrible storms late Saturday afternoon and evening.

Is there any sense in any of that? :confused:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

My suggestion would be to keep the 1.25 u dose for a couple of days to see where she settles on that. Use the stall technique if her PS is a little low. It's possible that some of the volatility is bouncing in reaction to the greens.

Another option would be to try 1 u AM and PM for several cycles to see if that would give you "easy to dose" PSs that don't require stalling or dose tweaking. If the 1 u proves to be too low after, say 3 days, you could go back to 1.25 u. Your goal is to get some stability.

3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

It looks like you're getting good duration on the shots, which is why being off by 45 minutes is making such a difference. If you're early, the previous dose hasn't quite worn off yet, which (if I'm reading your original post correctly) is what's causing those lower PS numbers, then the stall is enough to raise them, but then that throws off the next shot time, so you have to stall again.

I'd say see how this cycle goes. If the mid-cycle numbers stay in the blues, I would stick with 1.25. If they go low, or if your PMPS is still too low to shoot, drop to 1u as Kris said and that should shorten the duration and let you get back to your regular schedule.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Thank you, Kris & Teasel and Djamila! We will stick with 1.25 for a couple of cycles and be more consistent with the 12-hour mark and see how that goes before dropping to 1.0. (I'm hesitant right now to go to 1.0 without giving 1.25 a fair shake since her numbers went into the pinks and were rising the last time we tried 1.0, although, admittedly, that was too big a dosage drop all at once.)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  5. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Well, if the goal was stability, we've got that . . . :rolleyes: Four straight cycles without a blue, all in the lower yellow range, even the so-called "nadirs," which hardly look like anything is happening!

I think we're going back up to 1.5 in the AM, especially if the AMPS has gone up again.

6. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Perfect. And yes, the increase was due on this morning's cycle. Hopefully those blues and greens will reappear soon, but with a little less chaos.

Jenna Josie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.