Upping the dose

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mphair84, Jan 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

I just updated my chart. Things are going good. Currently Tuffy gets 2 units of Prozinc, however, I was thinking it's time to raise it to 2.25. curious to see what others think. He did jump around a bit, but I think he's settled more, but I want to be sure. I most likely will be home tomorrow, so I can monitor him. Plus I have a little Young Again Zero carb I would like to try, but I wasn't sure if I can up the dose and try a little food at the same time?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Nice blues! Yes, I think you can go to 2.25 u now. The YA food shouldn't affect his BG. It has a bit of a reputation for causing diarrhea so add it cautiously.

Mphair84 likes this.
  3. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

I know! I'm so excited to see blue!! Plus I was able to get a full day of readings. I'm going to get more tonight. Right now I'm seeing if he likes the food, but I'm hoping it helps. Plus, tomorrow I will be home most of the day I think and I can get even more! I feel like I'm get a handle on things.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. Kris & Teasel

I'll encourage you again to post on the ProZinc forum for dosing advice. Yes, it's small and quiet so you might not get an answer immediately but @Rachel and @Djamila check it as often as they can (as do I) and they're very knowledgeable. You might get missed out here on this forum.

Mphair84 likes this.
  5. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

I get confused on where I should post. I usually do the main forum because I get replies faster, but I will start doing it. Thank you.

6. Kris & Teasel

Yes, you will get replies faster and there are people who check here that know about ProZinc. The folks that have a lot of experience with it tend to stay on the ProZinc forum because they have less time to look at all the forums. It's absolutely your choice though. :)

Re yesterday's BGs: those are bounce inflated after the lovely blue streak. I'd continue the 2.25 u today to see what happens.

Mphair84 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.