URGENT: Concern with Mid-cycle Test

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by H.M. Victor (GA), Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H.M. Victor (GA)

H.M. Victor (GA) Member

@Kris & Teasel @JanetNJ I just did Victor's mid-cycle test at +4 and wanted to post about it to get your guys' opinion. I tested from one ear and the result was 87, which made me think that can't be right, and it looked like the test window on the strip didn't have enough blood in it, so I tested again from the other ear and the result was 210. Victor seems to be fine, not displaying any out of the ordinary symptoms, so please let me know what you guys think or if there's anything else we should do.

2. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Test again. The first one was probably a false reading if you didn't get enough blood on the strip :)

3. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

That happens to me all the time with the Relion meter.

H.M. Victor (GA) likes this.
  4. H.M. Victor (GA)

H.M. Victor (GA) Member

Thanks for replying so fast. Just retested once more and the result was 221, so I'm guessing it's safe to assume the first reading was false due to not getting enough blood on the strip.

SpotsMom likes this.
  5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm glad other people were here to help. Yes, always retest when you get a number that surprises you. :)

H.M. Victor (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.