URGENT: Should I Dose?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by scienceofcats, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scienceofcats

scienceofcats Member

Hey guys. I think Lola had a little bit of diarrhea - she smells terrible. Her fur is “wet” with a little bit of poop on her bum. She seems fine otherwise - very bright-eyed. My husband fed her half an hour ago before I got home, and said she smelled normal and looked healthy. Her sugar right now is 8.9 mmol/L (160 mg/dL). That’s a little bit low for her, so I’m worried about giving the 0.50 units ProZinc. I’ve updated her SS for you all to look at.

Should I dose her? And how worried should I be about the diarrhea?

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2018
    Reason for edit: Removed 911 prefix. Received advice and not a medical emergency.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You gave 1 u on a similar PS on 02 Apr and she got into lovely dark green. I think you could give 0.5 u on this PS but get at least a before bed test to see where it takes her. Broken record here: get a weekly curve done on a day off. You need that data to properly assess the dosing - PSs alone aren't enough.

I don't have anything to suggest about the diarrhea. Any differences in her food?

3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Since Kris has responded to your question, would you mind removing the 911 from your thread title? When we see that we assume a cat is in an emergency situation. Here is how you remove it:

First, go to the top right and click on Thread Tools. Then click on "Edit Title"
    upload_2018-5-1_17-34-8.jpeg

A new box will open up that looks like this (below). Click on the prefix and the "Tag Special" menu will open up. Then you can select "(no prefix)" to remove the 911.

upload_2018-5-1_17-34-50.jpeg

Let me know if you have any trouble with that! Thank you!

Rachel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.