Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heather and Raja (GA)

Heather and Raja (GA) Member

For those of you that have been following my Meeko spay saga here is yet another twist....

Meeko is sneezing like C R A Z Y. It's just constant sneezing..she cant go 5 min without sneezing. So I'm thinking its a URI that she caught at the vets because it started Wednesday..a few days after the spay and the only other cat she has had contact with is Raja. So that leads me to my question, what are the chances that Raja will get a URI and with her diabetes, though she is in remission, what does that mean? Is there an antibiotic she can take? Or is this something that can run it's course?

I am taking Meeko back tomorrow for them to look at the stitches and I'm going to talk to them about the sneezing but I just want to be prepared before I go

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

if it's a URI and Meeko is sneezing on or around Raja, yes, she can get it too. as far as what it would do with her diabetes, i don't know. do you have any lysine? if so i'd start adding some to their food. if not, i'd try to get some and start adding it to their food just in case. it seems to help with that respiratory stuff.

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Agree. L-Lysine in food. Can get at pharmacy. Not too much or it affects the flavor.

4. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Yup, when I brought cat home from SPCA both he and Checkers started sneezing/coughing.
    Doc said Clancy "probably" had, and was shedding, herpes virus, and "could have" given it to Checkers (diabetic). Said to give them both L-Lysine. I don't remember how long it took, but neither of them sneezes/coughs anymore.
    I crushed it in food, or tuna juice. It has no flavor....yes, I tasted it.

5. Heather and Raja (GA)

Heather and Raja (GA) Member

Thanks guys the vet gave me an antihistamine for meeko as well as an antibiotic. I havent picked up the lisine yet but I have to run a few errands in couple of hours so I'll get some then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.