Urinary habits - normal?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lilly’s Mom, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilly’s Mom

Lilly’s Mom Member

Thanks to this forum, Lilly is now consistently under 300 and usually in the 100's....I cannot tell you how much my stress level has decreased. She is now happily eating FF pate or Tiki Cat. I think that is what has caused her to stabilize. So now, she only urinates at night. Is this ok? She will usually have 2 pee spots in the litter. Is this ok?

2. Kathryn & Nugget

Kathryn & Nugget Member

Hello fellow Calico Mom!

Have you noticed she is drinking less? That can cause less urination. I try to mix Nugget’s wet food with water to make sure she’s getting enough- especially because she prefers the diabetic dry food over the wet food.

The lower BGs could also contribute to less urinating.

3. Lilly’s Mom

Lilly’s Mom Member

She now drinks like she did before she had diabetes. I do add water to the tiki cat ahi tuna....it’s a little dry out of the can and I want her to drink so I add some there. I know she has lost weight, not sure how much though. She needed to, and she still looks healthy. She is acting like her old self now. She grooms herself more and notices everything. It’s so lovely to have my Lilly girl back! Next week I’ll schedule a vet check.

Chris & Lucy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.