Using a Lancet Pen?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by H.M. Victor (GA), Jul 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H.M. Victor (GA)

H.M. Victor (GA) Member

Okay we are hopefully going to be getting a meter and everything else for home testing today, and I was just wondering if you can use a lancet pen instead of using the lancets manually? Which way would be easier?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes you can use the lancet pen or you can freehand

It all depends on which works best for you and your cat!!

I don't like the device because I can't tell where I'm hitting so I just freehand so I can see where the lancet is going, but some people do well with the device.

3. H.M. Victor (GA)

H.M. Victor (GA) Member

Yeah, that would be my one concern too, being unable to see exactly where you're hitting.

4. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

I put the lancet in the pen but don’t put the top on it, so I can still see where it’s going but have something to hold on to. Aside from not being able to see where I was poking, Spot used to flinch and pull away every time I checked his blood and I finally figured out he didn’t like the sound of the pen clicking. He does very well with testing now that he can’t hear it :)

5. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Most lancet devices come with a clear cap. After a couple of times of using a new lancet pen, I can tell where it's going to hit within the circle. I can't freehand, just can't....haven't been able to make myself do it in 8 years, don't figure I'll start any time soon. :)

6. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I free hand it. No device!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.