Using conversion chart

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jenna Josie, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

USPS claims that our U-100s with half unit markings is “out for delivery,” so the plan is to start using them tonight.

Naturally, as we’ve been trying these tiny increases in an effort “not to make any sudden moves” on this cat, we increased this morning from a fat 1.5 to a 1.75, and that, of course, doesn’t exist on the conversion chart! :rolleyes:

That seems tiny enough not to be a double-increase, right?

So my plan is to go 1.8, which on the U100s will be 4.5.

I know I can read a chart (most days!), but this is so different, and so I’m looking for reassurance. (This is all pending her coming back up. She’s having a nice long sit in the blues after — yet again — nothing but yellow, yellow, yellow ... why can’t she have nothing but blue, blue, blue or, better yet, dark green, dark green, dark green?).

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

While normally I would agree with you that going to 1.8 is not enough of a difference to matter, this is Josie we're talking about...;)

I do think it should be fine. And if Josie decides to overreact, you know what to do.

And yes, you are doing the conversion correctly. You'll draw to the 4.5 line to get 1.8u. I double and triple checked too when I first made the switch. It pretty quickly becomes easy, but the first few times I was a little nervous if I was doing it right since it looks so different.

Good luck tonight!

Rachel likes this.
  3. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

She’s doing it again! :banghead:

15 minutes to shot time, and she’s at 157. She was 141 at +6 and 150 at +8. So, basically unbudged. Which is great for her but terrible for trying to figure out the dose :(

Will spend the next 15 minutes (til her actual shot time) looking at the SS for how I’ve screwed this up in the recent past and strategizing for tonight, but wouldn’t mind input!

4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Ack! I'm here...going to go check your SS too and will check in with my thoughts before your shot.

5. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Thanks, Rachel. I shot 1.75 on 147 way back on 8/9, but she was coming up, and she’d been on 1.75 for a few days. I lowered to 1.25 (from 1.5) on 9/12, and that was too little.

6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Can you monitor tonight if needed?

7. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Yep. And had a nap today so am well rested!

8. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

My thought is maybe try 1.6 if she doesn't come up more. That would be a smidge less what you gave this morning. Usually your reductions don't go well, but that would be such a small one, it might be all right. What are you thinking?

9. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

She's at 174 now.

10. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

I think, to answer your question, I'll stick with the 1.75, cross my fingers, and figure out the new syringes tomorrow vs. having even the tiny increase to 1.8 tonight.

I was thinking 1.6 before this 174. Do you think she's up enough now to stick with the 1.75?

11. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I think you could chance it. Looks like she is coming up nicely and she didn't really dip too low today...just sort of hung out in blues longer than normal. With a nap on board, you can get some good monitoring in and steer if needed. :)

12. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Okay -- I'm going to draw it now. 1.75

Will get a +2 and see where things stand.

THANK YOU, Rachel!!:bighug:

13. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Of course! Anytime! I'm excited to see where things go tonight. Remember you can post on here AND Main if you get in a bind tonight with low numbers and need someone to help (or just need someone to hang out with you). :)

Jenna Josie likes this.
  14. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

P.S. I'm having a glass of wine now, preemptively, in case I can't have one later :D

Djamila and Rachel like this.
  15. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I entirely approve of this plan. I just had one too!

Jenna Josie likes this.
  16. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

+2 is 243, so yay! Seem like sticking with the 1.75 was the right call! (Though boo! I'm tired of yellows!)

Edit: I realize, of course, that this is food spike + AM shot finally wearing off, but I was worried about her staying in the mid-blues before the PM shot began to onset. Will of course continue to monitor.

17. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

It's always good to get a +2 because even with the food spike, if the number IS a lot lower than usual or than expected, then that tells you this is going to be an interesting cycle. So that number tells me she'll probably be fine...but yeah, I'd continue to monitor. Get a +4 maybe and that should tell you if you're safe to go to bed or not. :)

Jenna Josie likes this.
  18. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

It does sort of feel like you're on the edge of making some progress. As you shoot more and more on those blues, the hope is that eventually she'll go from one blue PS to the next blue PS and those yellows might start to fade. Josie is a sensitive soul and you've been doing a great job of systematically and carefully getting those increases in and figuring out the mystery of the lower PS numbers. The u100's might help too since you can now do smaller (and possibly more frequent) increases without shocking her system too much.

19. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

I really, really hope so! Its been pretty frustrating how flat she is, but if I could just get her flat in a lower color range ...

I think she actually maybe sorta bounced this AM (bc I think her PS should have been lower bc of the increase yesterday) due to her long surf in the blues all afternoon, but who knows? And in any event, she’s back in the blues at +6 (barely, but I’ll take it!).

Alas, I think that our kitty, in the words of Kris’s Bounce Explainer, is a “slow learner.” “Sensitive soul” is a euphemism for that, right? ;)

Djamila likes this.