UTI homeopathic remedy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Marcy & Klinger (GA), Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Klinger is a hard case to get regulated and I often worry about him getting a UTI - especially when bumping up his insulin and he bounces. I was just at the pet supply store and saw a "natural homeopathic remedy for pets" specifically for UTIs. It's made by Natural Pet Pharmaceuticals, Urinary Tract Infections for felines. Here is the long list of ingredients:
    Apis Mellifica
    Argentum Nitricum
    Arsenicum Album
    Berberis Vulgaris
    Cantharis
    Causticum
    Chimphilia Umbellata
    Copaiva Officinalis
    Cuprum Arsenicosum
    Equisetum Hyemale
    Eupatorium Purpurea
    Lycopodium Clavatum
    Mercurius Corrosivus
    Oxalicum Acidum
    Pareira Brava
    Phosphorus
    Plumbum Metallicum
    Sabal Serrulata
    Sarsaparilla
    Staphysagria
    Terebinthina
    Uva-Ursi
    Inactive ingredients: Prue water base, potassium sorbate .1%, citric acid .0075%
    I'm wondering if I can give this to Klinger as a "preventative" measure. Has anyone used this and is it helpful? Will it mess with his BG?
    Thanks

2. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

I'm not certain what changing doses has to do with Klinger getting a UTI...could you please elaborate?

As for homeopathics, I use them on myself and my kids from time to time, but I've little experience with ones for pets and I've no clue about their safety or whether they work or not...I would doubt that they'd affect bgs specifically.

Jennifer

3. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Jennifer,
    This was after Klinger peed just outside of his LB and I thought it was because he was getting too much insulin and it was explained to me that
    cats with high blood glucose have glucose spill into their urine, which gives bacteria in the urinary tract a food (sugar) to multiply in the bladder = UTI's.
    He hasn't peed outside of the LB again and everything "appears" to be normal. I've been worried about it since then and wondered if there was something I could give him to help prevent a UTI while trying to get him regulated. When he bounces, he bounces HI.
    Thanks

4. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Theoretically yes but I don't think that the linkage is stong enough to worry too much. Lots of water ie proper hydration is most important.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.