VA (Reston): Declawed Maine Coon brothers...one is DIABETIC!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Denise, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denise

Denise Member

Sunny and Dakota (Cody) were rescued from a neglectful home. They were stuck in a windowless room with little attention due to "an allergic child." They were on the way to the shelter where their hope to be adopted were slim to none. All was looking up when a foster home materialized. They were so happy! Attentive and affectionate! After about a month Cody started peeing EVERYWHERE! It turns out he is diabetic. The foster home is not able to properly care for him. He urgently needs someone who can. It is probably in their best interest to keep them together if possible. They are very, very, VERY bonded. I think in the right hands Cody's diabetic condition could be reversed. With proper food, etc. The former owners were feeding them cheap dry food--that's it! Their coats were a mess. Now they are looking great but their foster mom has not started Cody on an insulin regime and I am very concerned! Please email me directly. nailbite_smile

Attached Files:

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

aww poor babies .. I hope they find a new furever home together!

3. Denise

Denise Member

Thank you!

Attached Files:

4. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Could the foster person be contacted by one of us and let us explain about diet and the fact that the stress and bad diet could be causing a transient FD situation and this cat may quickly go into remission..

Two of my recently adopted FDs were in remission within days. One on the very day he arrived, Bean was in remission within 5 days.

5. stefani&toonces

stefani&toonces Member

Just emailed you.

If the foster is willing to learn to test and shoot, I can go over and teach her, if she is in Maryland in PG or Montgomery counties.

Is she willing to feed only canned low-carb?

Please let me know -- best thing would be to redeem the foster situation.

Stefani

6. RobbiesMom

RobbiesMom Member

There is an active Maine Coon rescue that could probably place them quickly - these cats are $500+ and to get 2 beautiful ones even with one having a minor health issue I'm sure some Maine Coon lovers out there would jump at it. http://www.mainecoonrescue.net/ So sorry they were declawed - can't imagine that being done to any paw but paws that big? UGGHHHH. Hope this helps.

7. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

If only these two had come up two years ago when I was looking for a bonded pair.

They are gorgeous.

I'll be keeping them in my prayers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.