? Vegetable 8/27 dosing advice 146

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vegetable (GA), Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

Vegetable is having a good day, she's at 146 this morning & due for her shot. Nobody will be home to monitor her today until around her +8, should I shoot & leave some high carb food out or skip the shot this morning?

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I don't have any ketone experience myself, but I am leery of suggesting you skip because of her ketone history. Are you able to grab a test at all before you head out? If you leave high carb out, will she gobble it all up right away, or would she possibly leave some to snack on later?

3. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

Yes I can test in about an hour from now just before I leave for work. As for the food, she would probably eat some now & snack on the rest later.

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'd be inclined to shoot, then. You shot a similar number a few days ago, and she did go up. Since you can grab a +1, that will give you a feel for what she has in mind, plus since she would save food for later, that's also a bonus.

5. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

I think I'm going to skip her shot this morning. I'm not able to be home to monitor today & I'm low on testing supplies until I can get to the pharmacy later today.

I'll try to get a ketone test in before I leave this morning & I will defiantly re-test her BG before I leave.

@julie & punkin (ga) any suggestions?

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Given that Veg hasn't seen green for a week on this dose, I think you are fine to shoot 0.25U and leave out higher carb food today. Could you still shoot late today?

With the weekend coming up, if you don't see green before then, I'd be inclined to raise her dose to 0.5U.

BTW - Julie is on holidays this week. Putting up a question mark on your post is the best way to get attention.

7. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

@Wendy&Neko thabks for the info. I'll go with shorting late since I can shoot later tonight & leave some high carb food out.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'd test again to see what her real AMPS yes. It's great you've got a bit of flexibility in the schedule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.