Very decent numbers for a while now--what does this mean?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Viggo's Mom, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viggo's Mom

Viggo's Mom Member

My boy Viggo has been solid in the mid blue numbers for a few weeks now. Program with my vet is to not shoot him below 150, ( AlphaTrak and Prozinc) and so I haven't given him a shot since July 3rd, and even then it was only 177. I've actually even stopped testing him twice a day because I can just tell that he is doing well. He had a 233 on June 29, and it was stress related, he has hyperesthesia syndrome. Anyway, what do i make of this? Is it remission if it never is in the green numbers? Is this his personal "normal"? He eats classic FF only, pees normal, isn't overweight or too skinny. His neuropathy is gone, and he even caught a bird the other day. Frankly I'm just over the moon about this current situation, just wonder if it's supposed to get any better. What do y'all think?

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

*Just my opinion* :)
    177 on the AT2 meter is still on the higher end of normal (68 - 150), even for a kitty who runs a little higher is usually in 120's. How much was his last dose on, I guess, 2 July?

3. Viggo's Mom

Viggo's Mom Member

His last dose was 1 unit., yes on July 3rd. Whenever he is higher these days its because he is having or going into an FHS episode.

4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Hmm... still usually kitties don't go from 1.0U to remission. Not saying it's not possibly, just not the norm ;). I would still try to test at least once a day to make sure it's just due to FHS episode. Hopefully more experienced members will chime in.

StephG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.