Very loose stools with fancy feast.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kya’s Mom 1983, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

My cat has been on fancy feast for quite a while now and is still having loose stools. She doesn’t go all the time but when she does very loose and gassy sounding. Anything to help this or will I have to change her food again? She doesn’t get any seafood just the poultry and beef pates

2. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe you could drop the beef and stick with the poultry flavors for a few days to see if that helps.

3. Glassgoblin

Glassgoblin Member

I've been told that lots of cats are allergic to beef; but that it my Jaxa's favorite flavor. She gets gassy and has some loose bm periodically, but we are also on YA LID dry food, and the YA is also blamed for a lot (it has gotten better since switching from reg to LID though). The biggest reason seems to be eating too much on any one day for us..

It doesn't hurt to add a probiotic, or slippery elm bark to the diet, but we've added both as it hasn't stopped it completely.

4. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Ok. Will do. Thank you.

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

She may be sensitive to some of the FF ingredients. Even the chicken pate has fish in it, for example. It also has ingredients like 'meat by products' and 'artificial flavors'. If dropping to just the chicken one does not help, maybe consider changing foods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.