Very old member, just saying hello!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alanna and Oscar (GA), Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alanna and Oscar (GA)

Alanna and Oscar (GA) New Member

Some of you may remember me, or at least my dear kitty Oscar. I was very active on here while we worked through managing his diabetes and eventually we switched from Lantus to Levemir which had to be imported to the U.S. from Canada at the time! My vet thought I was crazy but they shrugged and went along for the ride.

Anyway, Oscar and I had six great years together after his diagnosis, mostly thanks to this board. I met wonderful people here, shared lots of ups and downs, and even ended up helping to fly a newly diagnosed cat across the country to a new home.

Glucose testing, curving, etc became so second nature that our vet never felt the need to check Oscar's levels. They knew I had it in check thanks to my "online friends."

We sadly lost Oscar to a fast and painful battle with cancer under his tongue in 2011. We had a few last great days together, and it was devastating to let him go. I tried posting on here shortly after but my words were deleted by mistake and I was too devastated to write them again.

Oscar could never be replaced, as his personality was just too big. So I eventually adopted a dog! And now I have a 9 month old baby girl that keeps me so busy.

I just wanted to check in and say hello to old friends, and extend my gratitude and love for the amazing work everyone does here to help others.

Oscar and I both owe so much to FDMB.

cat_wings>o

Critter Mom likes this.
  2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Oscar.
    {{hugs}}
    Thanks for stopping by.
    How old was Oscar when he was diagnosed?

3. Alanna and Oscar (GA)

Alanna and Oscar (GA) New Member

Thanks for the hugs! He was 8 when he was diagnosed. He had a long and healthy life with the support of the great people here!

I see you have two GAs. Hugs to you and your fur babies too.

4. Cat Ma

Cat Ma Well-Known Member

What a beautiful cat Oscar was. I have a soft spot for orange tabbies. And what a lovely message from you. Thank you for sharing with us.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  5. Robin&BB

Robin&BB Well-Known Member

Dear Alanna,
    Your lovely words about your sweet Oscar & how the members of the FDMB helped him moved me to tears just now. Am so sorry you lost your beautiful orange boy, but I am happy to know that you had a half-dozen great years with Oscar after his dx. And although that hole in your heart never ever quite closes, how wonderful for you to have your baby girl and adopted pup to bring you joy again! Thanks so very much for sharing your story with us!
    :bighug: - Robin (& Bat-Bat)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.