Very, very frustrated.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MsKarilynn, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsKarilynn

MsKarilynn New Member

Hi everyone,

I haven't stopped by in a month or so, life has been busy. I am at the end of my emotional rope here with Brody. This insulin is not doing anything. He's been receiving 2 units twice a day for 3 weeks now (went up from 1 unit twice daily) and his numbers are still through the roof. They rarely go below 250. He's literally urinating on everything I own. Today I put my shoe on and it was filled with urine. Needless to say, it took every ounce of strength in me not to beat him with the shoe. (obviously a joke, I would NEVER!) I have him a low-carb diet. It is dry food, but it's holistic and very low in carbs. I switched from wet to dry, because for the life of me I couldn't get my female cat to eat wet food and she was meowing at me day and night. His numbers made no change with the food switch. Still high. Reaaaaaaaaaally frustrated at this point. Wondering what my next plan of action should be? Another vet visit and perhaps another type of insulin? Maybe more insulin? I did do a curve several times now, but the numbers aren't necessarily worth noting. They go from 500 to 400 to 300 (+8) and back up to 500 again. It appears to be working, but not enough. Thanks everyone.

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

He's been on 2U BID of PZI for a few weeks?

Has he been checked by a vet for any infections? Urinary tract infection or anything?

I'd get that looked into.

Do you have a spreadsheet? It's hard to say what's going on without seeing the numbers. If the numbers are not moving like you said, maybe it's time to consider a dose increase.

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Or even changing insulins.....

4. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

I am sorry to hear that you're frustrated. We all know that feeling... one way or another. There are many of us on this board that could try to help you, but we need you to create a spreadsheet. What type of food is Brody on? Is he stressed when you're testing? Is he getting into other foods? Again, the more information you can give us... the more we can try and help. :YMHUG:

Why did you go from 1U to 2U? did the Vet tell you this? When did you switch to 2U BID?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.