Vet In Tucson for Feline Diabetes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by tajana340, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Hi,

I was wandering if anyone is in Tucson Az and if they know of a Vet that is knowledgable with or specializes in Feline Diabetes.

Thanxs

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

Kellioreo is in Tuscon. I'll send her a pm and send her here in case she can help you out with this

3. Kellie and Oreo (GA)

Kellie and Oreo (GA) Member

Just got up from trying to catch up on my sleep. I go to Valley Animal Hospital on 22nd east of Swan.
    I see Dr. Herrington. He is more open to work with a person when their cat is diabetic and takes in any knowledge you
    have in treatin. My cat has been is remission almost 2 years, so Dr. Herrington was not too involved with us, but he listened to
    me in how I got him into remission. Also this vet was suggested for me, but have never seen them.

Dr. Mary Bolser, Canada Hills Animal Hosp,
    10420 N. La Canada Drive, Suite 160. Tucson, 520-544-4734.
    Judith and Thomas who come here in the winter told me about her.
    Hope this helps
    Kellie

4. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Spice does see Dr Herrington at Valley animal Hospital.

5. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

Most times, unless you have a veterinarian who is really, really knowledgeable about and proactive in treating feline diabetes is that you, the pet parent, have to be responsible for your conveying info about your kitty's treatment plan to the veterinarian, instead of the other way around.

With Stormy's vet, for example, (and he is a very nice vet), I have found that I have educated him more about this disease - instead of the other way around. He has visited this forum at my suggestion and is very impressed with the way that most people here take such a proactive stance on caring for their kitties' treatment. He told me, not too long ago, that he wished more pet owners were as dedicated and helpful in managing chronic illnesses in their pets as the group he saw here on FDMB. He actually has a copy of the food charts now posted on the wall in the clinic and says he refers newly diagnosed FD patients to that food chart :)

~M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.