Vet needed near Norcross, GA to support Lantus protocol

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by klescinsky, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klescinsky

klescinsky New Member

Our story is here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=54833&p=594061#p594061

Lois and I need to find a new vet. Hers was awful, despite all of the research we did when we moved here. She's coming home tonight (maybe) from the specialty hospital and I need to get her a new vet, one who will support me in home testing. She's on Lantus, and I promise I'll post her spreadsheet when I get her home and backfill her numbers.

We're on the edge of Norcross / Berkley Lake / John's Creek, in Peachtree Corners.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kris and welcome to LL! I actually live very close to you near Holcomb Bridge Rd. and Spalding. I was going to a vet near me but had the same kind of experience you had. She was great with other things but not diabetes. Simon almost hypo'd because of the high dose of insulin she put him on and didn't advocate home testing.

I switched vets and picked a feline specific clinic in Roswell. It is a little far for me, but I really like the vet and he took all my information on the protocol. He said he had heard of it but had not done lots of research. He is really interested in it and likes that I am hometesting. He even asks me my opinion about things instead of just telling me what to do. How refreshing! What I really like is that the clinic is in an old house and doesn't look all sterile. My cats are much calmer without all the barking dogs and the vet comes in and sits down with you and examines the cats on his lap. All bloodwork and urinalysis are done in the room and you can be right there to watch and calm your cat during the tests. I've been seeing him for almost a year and my other cat was just diagnosed with CRF and is getting good care, too.

Please PM me and I'll give you the information on the vet if you are interested and also my number if you want to call and talk.
    Georgia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.