Vet Visit/Progress Report

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tina and Boozle, Jan 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

Boozle went to the vet this evening for a check-up. We didn't have a whole lot of tests done, but we did ask for another creatinine measurement. He started out before Christmas with a 2.7, jumped up to a 4.9 last week and now he is back down to 3.7. I know those numbers are not the holy grail of kidney function, but I was curious.

He has gained .07 lbs since his last visit. So, he is putting on weight.

Tempurature is a little low, but still in the range of normal. (Yes, I left the typo)

He has been officially diagnosed with renal failure. We talked about running a culture on urine, but she didn't feel like it was really necessary right now.

She also detected a heart murmur, so we are cutting the fluids to 100ml, 3 times a week.

We went ahead and got him another b-12 shot and we will be ordering it.

So far, though, she says she does not want us to change anything else. His kidney function is better, his blood sugars are better, his quality of life has improved, and it seems like we are doing everything right. They were as shocked as we were that he turned around the way he did. She said she would have never expected him to be in the condition he is in, looking at his chart. We made sure to tell her we had a hand from FDMB. If it were not for the subtle encouragement to try a few extra things, we'd be having a totally different conversation.

On a side note - his sugar was 57 at mid-cycle.

I am still paranoid and obsessing, because I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop, (I know, crappy attitude to have, but I am being honest.) but I am a little hopeful. We've done renal failure a few times and we know that eventually whatever we are doing won't work. I am grateful for these good days, though. We'll love him and spoil him as long as we can.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Better is good. :bighug:

Tina and Boozle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.