Vetbasis gone? Are there good alternatives?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cori and Tommy, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cori and Tommy

Cori and Tommy Member

So I actually had quite the time trying to get vetbasis hairball stuff back in the summer but finally found it. Well I'm pretty much out and I'm having trouble again, except this time I'm hearing rumors that vetbasis is out of business? I went on their website, which is still up, and called their 1-800# both at the bottom of the website and on the contact us (they are different) and both have been disconnected. They still have the online form but I'm not handing over my cc# to a company who's 1-800# are disconnected! I also tried to go to their parent company website, Pet Living, and got an error message. Anyone else know whats going on with vetbasis?

2. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

The same thing happened about a year ago. I ordered Vetbasis in February and never received it. After a month I called and the line was disconnected. I April I got a box from the company with my order. I know this happened to a few others. My guess are that they were not doing well then and are out of business now.

3. Cori and Tommy

Cori and Tommy Member

Ok, I just called the company listed under "International" who supposedely manages their exports and spoke to a woman there and I guess they are not happy with vetbasis and that vetbasis "burned" them. Not quite sure what happened but it sounds like vetbasis has gone bankrupt or something. She said "I would sue them but you can't get blood from a turnip" hahaha Sad, and yet funny!

4. Cori and Tommy

Cori and Tommy Member

Argh! How sad :-( So what do you use now? Any suggestions?

5. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

Plain vaseline works. Use 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp a day until symptoms are gone. Then use 1/4 - 1/2 tsp a couple of times per week.

If you want to go petroleum free, Petco carries Naturvet hairball gel. It is sugar and petroleum free. Both Naturvet and Vetbasis use vegetable oil (sunflower oil I think) as the active ingredient, so you could try just giving the oil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.