Veterinary Homeopathy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ann & Liz, Nov 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Liz

Ann & Liz Member

2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

There's a long history of this going back hundreds of years. I don't have any hatred towards religion so let's dispense with that. The Catholic church has always wanted men to run things. If a priest is a land owner and dies his wife would inherit the land. Get rid of the wife and the church gets the land. Same with the church and medicine. The idea of a midwife was almost blasphemy, how could a woman possibly know what a man knows and deliver a baby? Skip forward a thousand years and you'll see people roll their eyes at chiropractors and homeopathy.
    Doctors, not all, can be the same pompous asses. When a plumber saves your butt on Sunday morning you don't have to call him Master Plumber Sir . If a doctor tells me "It's doctor actually" I like to ask him if his name is really Doctor Actually.
    Where am I going with this? Doctors hate being undercut by someone with a simpler and cheaper solution. Every "myth" about chicken soup and mustard packs has some basis in fact but that has been lost in the last 100 years because we're all supposed to know better. Sometimes a much simpler way of doing things is just staring us in the face but everything has to be complicated now so we dismiss it. I have one laptop and two backup drives, that's it. I don't want to spend my vacation staring at a screen and not the ocean. And I actually turn my head when I back up my car. I don't need GPS to drive down the street.
    There is hope. In 2007 I had a brain aneurysm and I barely told anyone because I was sick of explaining I wasn't actually dead. I didn't have an operation, I had a procedure. They put a scope in a leg artery and it was all done in one hour. I could have driven home that night. We're taking too much crap from people with a "higher education" and it's not helping. I appreciate CT and MRI scans but sometimes all you need is some hydrogen peroxide and a bandage.
    And my chiropractors? They treat horses and have considered treating cats and dogs.
    I will say that chiropractors and homeopathy practitioners have to stop overselling magic beans and herbal tea that puts you in tune with the universe. It's totally unregulated in Canada and that's not good. Do some research, have reasonable expectations and don't get bossed around by lobby groups, the scum of the Earth.

3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry, that was kind of long. The point is history is not on our side and people just accept it. I'm a perfect example of how alternate thinking has made me a better person both physically and mentally but you have to argue the whole way through. Just so frustrating.

Ann & Liz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.