Vetsulin Product Alert Review (video presentation)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cheryl and Winnie, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Drs. Linda J.I. Horspool and Christopher Pappas, Jr. share the latest updates on Vetsulin. Take 30 minutes of your time to watch this presentation and better serve the needs of your diabetic patients on Vetsulin.

http://www.cliniciansbrief.com/multimedia

Just got this in my mail, and haven't had time to watch yet. -- so no idea how good it is.
    Hope it is helpful.

2. Sweetgrass & the Furries

Sweetgrass & the Furries Member

Thank you for posting..

It is disapointing to hear the "ra ra vetsulin" rhetoric still going on and that in spite of the batches being shown to be "out of specifications" ( equaling later onset and inconsistencies ) they are still saying there is no real need for concern.

The only really good thing I heard is that vetsulin is running out and they are encouraging vets to not give any vetsulin out to newly diagnosed diabetics and to rather turn to the human insulins.

They are however " working with the FDA to rectify this situation" and that means they do plan on having vetsulin widely available again sometime in the future.

The piece that really gets my goat though is they are still using blood glucose values at diagnosis as dosing recomendations, under 360 gets 1 unit starting dose, over 360 gets 2 units starting dose.

We still have much work to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.