? Vetsulin still good after 8 months?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Nikko, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikko

Nikko New Member

Nikko may be off his honeymoon. He had a bout with constipation in the last couple weeks and had to have a couple enemas to clean him out. Didn't seem to be eating well and drinking a good amount of water so I decided to start checking his sugar seeing it was 300+ at the vets 5 days ago. Vet said that he could be running high because of the constipation but all other blood numbers looked good. Have checked him over the last couple of days and post eating +2 to +8 he has been in the high 200's. I have almost an entire bottle of Vetsulin left from his last injection in Nov. The expiration date on the bottle is Nov 2016......Is it still good to use? I was thinking of giving him a small dose to see if it staightens him out again.......

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

If there are no floaters, and it has been kept refrigerated, it may be OK, although possibly somewhat weaker.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

How long is it typically good for refrigerated? Right now ours is two months old.

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Usability at 3 months is not impossible. You'll only know if you try it.

5. Nikko

Nikko New Member

Seems to be working just fine.......after using it last November and it being in the refrigerator for the last 8 months. Seeing similar results as before his honeymoon. Hopefully we can get him back on track in the next few days and getting him vacationing once again!!!!

BJM, JanetNJ and Sharon14 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.