Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

Thinking of you today. Read it was Gandalf's birthday today. I know how much you miss him.
    Happy birthday big guy in heaven.
    ((hugs))

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

I sent up a "Happy birthday, Gandalf" while I was waiting today.

3. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Aww, thank you very much Peggy and Sheila. I did something a little silly today, but it means something to me.

Gandalf always loved ice cream. He would dip his paw in it and lick it off his paw. Of course after he became diabetic he couldn't have it anymore.

So to celebrate his 19th birthday, I had Dairy Queen make an ice cream cake. Leahpold was supposed to share it with me, but she didn't want any. Tigget had some though. They can't have much 'cause half of it's chocolate and I don't know what they put in the icing, so no icing either.

I will upload pictures tomorrow.

4. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

I hope you didn't stuck your hand in it and lick the ice cream off.... :roll:

I don't think it was silly. Except now you have to eat an entire ice cream cake by yourself, lol. I would have gotten a (less than) pint of Hagen Daz in my favorite flavor and shared that with the cats. Beau likes ice cream too and I don't let him have any either. Poor boys.

5. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Weeeeelllll, I love ice cream about as much as Gandalf did, but first, I did not stick my hand in it and lick it off, but damn that's a funny thought. I had to read it twice to get it, then busted out LOLing. :lol:

And secondly, there will be no problem eating the whole cake by myself. In fact, I may go have a little more right before bed. I can't eat very much at once, so it will keep for a long time. It'll never dry out

ohmygod_smile

6. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy belated birthday Gandalf. I hope you had a great party with all of your new friends.
    Vicky, I love that you bought an ice cream cake for you and the kitties. :D

7. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Well, it didn't help that I misspelled a word. I think I edited that sentence because it was some awkward double negative or something and missed changing "stuck" to "stick". I was pretty brain dead last night.

8. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

:lol: I did not even notice that! I can be a little slow on the uptake of humor. :roll:

I was surprised that you were able to make any humor that night, so I'm sure that contributed to my surprised laughter.

9. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Happy Belated Birthday Gandalf...Late to the party as usual.

I second that it is sweet that you got an ice cream cake for his birthday. I know where Muse is concerned I would so much rather celebrate the good times of her life than the day I lost her. She loved ice cream as well so I might have to do the same thing for her birthday this year. :D Or at least plan a dinner party with all her favorite foods. I don't think it is silly at all I think it is pure genius!

Mel, Maxwell, Musette, Autumn & The Fur Gang.

10. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I also am late to the party. An ice cream cake is a great way to honor Gandalf's memory. Wish I could have been there to share. :shock:

11. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Thanks, Venita. I wish I could share it with some FDMBers too. It's very rich, so there is plenty left if anyone wants me to send them some. It might be a little runny though. :roll:

I'm sorry I've forgotten to put up the pictures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.