Vines, Flakes and Good Thoughts Collection Condo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Hello Lantus Land!

We've been remiss, and we're appropriately embarrassed about that, but we hope you'll forgive us since we're really really sorry and having our kitties make their cutest cute-face at you as hard as they can... We'll open a long overdue Oldtimer Condo this Caturday for His Majesty the Emperor, Karre, who continues to enjoy life in his palace at the Falls.

For today, though, we thought we'd just open up a Feel Good (or at least, Feel Better) Condo for all the lovely Lantoos kitties who are facing various kinds and combinations of challenges. Everyone here, furry and four-legged or less so on both counts, bravely faces those challenges, and as many of us know that can really, really take it out of you! We thought we'd try to remind ourselves that while the problems our cats and their beans deal with can be very different, what everyone here has in common is how much we love our cats, so we wanted to start this condo to acknowledge that love. Join in, if you like, and write down any or all of the following:

Your favourite physical feature of your sugarkitty,
    Your favourite moment when they showed you how much they care about you, and
    Your favourite bit of mischief they got into.

For Karre, those are:
    His single white whisker, that makes him look even more dignified and regal,
    Him sleeping on Jack's bed literally all day and all night for several days when Jack had his tonsils taken out and felt completely miserable, and
    The time he licked all the butter off my baking tray while my back was turned, and then sat there shamelessly licking his lips when I turned back round. (He tried it again after I'd re-cleaned and re-buttered the tray, too, the rogue!)

We hope you'll join in and that everyone who reads this will have the feel-good moment everyone here deserves.

Also, feel free to add plenty of vines and flakes and good thoughts, for every kitty and every bean needing them the most right now.

Hugs, vines, flakes to all of you, and many sunny greetings from Cape Town!

TTFN,
    Jane, Jack, Karre, Maggie and Pepita

2. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Jack and Jane,

First of all vines and snowflakes for any that are in need for some support. :YMHUG: Many hugs also and may you find the strength to get through what you are going through.

What I love most about my sugarcat Sara is the way she looks at me with those big blue loving eyes. With all that sweetness, you would never believe she is not a lap cat or a pick up cat. Petting and brushing are her game. In fact shes relentless. :smile: She leaves the antics up to the other 3 cats.

Its just a pleasure to know and love her. I can't imagine life without Sara. For now I'll just treasure each day I have with her.

Thank you for opening this condo. Give your kitties xtra love today. :D

jan and sara

3. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jan and Sara :) It's lovely to have had a response!

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Nice thread!

lets see, I really like Luna's tummy :lol: it's so squishy and soft!
    fav moment when he showed me he cared...when he brushes my hair to get up in the mornings :lol:
    fav mischief, the other day he was on the balcony poking his nose where it didnt belong, he got a squirt from the water bottle and he got scared and ran right into the screen door! :lol: duhhhh

Sending lots of healing vines for all our special kitties in LL and their loving caring beans, oldtimers and newbies alike!
    cat_pet_icon

5. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Your favourite physical feature of your sugarkitty,
    ~ her pretty blue eyes. her little pink nose. her perky pink and white ears. her BIG soft polydactyl paws. the hobbit tufties on her feet. her bushy, somewhat pudgy tail. her long white fur. her cute little snores when she sleeps. oh gosh. all of her! now i want to go home and kiss her!

Your favourite moment when they showed you how much they care about you
    ~ hmm. not sure i have one. i just "know", kwim? the gaze of her eyes; the little start she makes, sometimes accompanied by a voiceless or soft meow, and the cute little kneading action with her front paws, when she catches me catching her staring at me; her purring me asleep at night and purring me awake in the morning; how she hurries over as soon as i sit down ...

Your favourite bit of mischief they got into.
    ~ when she nipped her daddybean's nose after he petted her the wrong way several years ago :lol: she'd been lying on his chest in bed and he was giving her head scritches and pets; her tail had flicked and thumped several warnings, so he'd stopped, but it wasn't good enough, she had to teach him a lesson. she actually got up, walked up a couple of paces up his chest, leaned over and nipped his nose :lol: i saw it with my own eyes :mrgreen: it's been years, but we still laugh about it.

vines and snowflakes and good thoughts going out to:
    beans: jojo, janet, joan, sandy (cecil), leslie (bayley)

kitties: cheryl's (((((wolfie))))), linda's bear, carolyn's latte, michelle's doodle, barb's tori, chriscleo's cleo, kryskat's blue, patti (& tyler)'s fallon and justin, donna (& shiloh)'s kaely

and all other beans and kitties who may be needing some. we haven't been on the board as much these days so we're a little behind on what's going on.

6. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Hello! What a great idea!

Favorite feature of my sugar kitty: The little freckle on his cute little nose.

Moment I knew he cared: When I was busy in the kitchen and he jumped up on the island and began giving me head butts. When I tried to walkaway, he snagged my sweater sleeve with his claw and gave me an adoring look. I have a phot of it somewhere. I'll try to find it.

Favorite mischief: He was a small kitten and we realized that his sister Rosie was asleep alone. So we began looking for him and could not find him. Finally, I was about to go outside to see if there was any way he could have gotten out. I opened the front door, and guess who rolled out from between it and the storm door, looking as happy as he could be at his new sunny, warm discovery?

7. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Hi Jane!
    I love this condo. It's so hard to choose, but these come to mind:

Favorite physical feature:
    Bear Man's soft pink nekkid tummy.

[​IMG]

Favorite bit of mischief: When he walked up to Teddy, whacked him upside the head and stole his bed. Video link:

[​IMG]

He shows me how much he cares about me when he can barely walk, but he laboriously climbs up on the bed with me to lie down for a tummy rub.

My thoughts are with Carolyn and Latte, all the others who have kitties with extra challenges to deal with, and especially those whose kitties are now at the Bridge.

8. Jennifer and Porky

Jennifer and Porky Member

Ooh, fun condo!

Lessee...my favorite physical feature about my Porky? Probably his huge, gorgeous green eyes - I could stare into them furever. Or maybe his gooshy tummy stuff that hands down and wobbles - I love to get a handful of it and play with it - very soft and squishy!

Favorite bit of mischief? The time he dragged my mom's nightgown from her bed all the way out to the living room, and proceeded to try and disembowel it, like any ferocious predator!

My favorite way he shows me how much he loves me? When he lays on my bathroom counter, facing me, purrs up a storm, and lets me cover his big warm head with lots of smoochies.

Lots of good wishes/healing vines to all the sugar kitties (and civvies!) that need them - love your babies every day!

9. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

This condo has me in sweetness tears.

10. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Everything about Moonie is my favorite thing, but she has the sweetest little high voice--When she meows it's like puuurroww, in between a purr & a meow! Her big green eyes & her 3 tuxedos down her belly, Oh & she has a heart on her back bottom paw..

Sweetest thing she does besides following me all over, is she head bumps & marks me all day & night just so I know she's there..
    She isnt that mischieveous, but there was that time when family was over for breakfast & Moonie stole the rolls right off the table--
    She is my heart! Oop she just head bumped me--
    Thanks for this--It made me all mushy--
    Healing sent to all beans & kitties not feeling up to par--Heal quick! HUGS~!!! cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon

11. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

What a wonderful idea.

My favourite physical feature is Max's yummy white furry belly. I love rubbing it and kissing it when he lets me.

Favourite bit of mischief, now that's a hard one. Max is very well behaved. Really the only naughty thing he does is sits on one of his sisters if they are on a lap that he wants to sit on.

My favourite way he shows me he loves me is when he jumps into bed with me, snuggles into my arms, licks me, gives me head bumps and "love bites" which he does not do to anyone else.

My heart and prayers go out to every sugar kitty here, going through this sugar dance and any other issues that come their way. Healing vines and blizzards of snowflakes.

12. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

My favorite physical thing about Tuscany has to be her coloring. She is a pale /dilute calico. I love her peachy /gray/white colors.

Her mischief - it has been years since she is getting so old and doesn't do much any more but:
    - when she was young she like to steal my jewelry. The first time I noticed we had been away and I came home and found the small glass ring holder that I would put my stud earrings into on the floor in the bedroom. I picked up all the earring and couldn't find two. Of course they weren't two of the same. I searched and found one downstairs in the dining room next to the window. I couldn't find the other - a sapphire stud. Probably a week goes by and I am on the toilet in the 1/2 bath and I hear a little noise. I realize that I've heard that the last few times I had flushed - kind of a tinkling different sound. So, I look and there at the bottom of the toilet bowl is my earring! She also used to bring my chains downstairs and put them in her food or water dish. I of course started locking up my jewels!

She shows she cares - hummm does she? - she is a calico you know! She does give little sweet kisses when you pet her. She also will shake paws and give kisses for treats. She is also more appreciative now, as opposed to when she was younger, of being held and placed on couch to sit by you - she lets you know by purring for quite awhile. It is also cute - when DH comes home and sits on couch with her - (she is not lap cat - next to you fine, lap no) but she sits with DH and puts her paw on his hand.

Please keep Tuscany on the healing vine list too - she will be at the oncs on Friday for her paw alien. I am not expecting any good news and have doubts whether they will even be able to "debulk" this probable tumor.

13. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

(((Joyce))))

so sweet reading about Tuscany.
    You will most definitely be in our thoughts for good news this week, stay positive and focused. (((((Hugs to Tuscany))))

14. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Tuscany))) Sending a blizzard of snowflakes.

15. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((Joyce))) all kinds of snowflakes and good thoughts and prayers coming from me that the alien will be eradicated.

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Thanks for starting this condo!

My favorite feature of Gabby is her whiskers. She has walrus length whiskers. Apparently, Gabby's whiskers were Gizmo's favorite feature -- he would chew on them. The photos in my signature have Gabby with Gizmo-chewed whiskers!

Gabby's a tortie with all of the attitude attendant to the reputation. For many years was not terribly demonstrative. Several years ago she ate dental floss that house guests left in the trash. (She likes strings.) After the major abdominal surgery, she made it very clear at the vets' office that she did not want to be there. Less than 24-hours after the surgery, she was home. Despite being told she shouldn't jump, she was out of the carrier, jumped onto my bed and as soon as I sat down, she laid down on top of me and fell asleep. For days, that was all that she wanted -- to be cuddled on my chest.

She's also not that mischievous -- either that or I'm suffering memory loss. One bit of mischief that I do recall was shortly after she was diagnosed and before I found FDMB. In other words, Gabby was getting DM canned and dry. She was a crack addict. Once I got her onto only wet, the bag of dry kibble was on the back of the kitchen counter where I could have sworn she would never jump. One evening, there is an odd sound. Once I finished what I was doing, I found the bag of kibble in the middle of the hallway. Gabby had jumped onto the counter, knocked the bag down, and was watching Gizmo shred the bag. It was a team effort!

Vines, snowflakes, and good thoughts to Joyce and Tuscany, Carolyn and Latte, LInda and Bear Man, and Krys and Blue and everyone in LL that needs some support.

17. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

What a great thread.

My favorite feature of Putty is his little head. I think he is the cutest when he is sitting and looking at me with his head tilted to one side.

How does Putty show he cares.......he follows me around. If I am sitting on the computer he is sitting right behind me. If I am sitting on the couch he sits down right beside me or on me. He sleeps on my legs at night but when he comes into the bed he walks up to my face as if he is making sure I am asleep.

Putty's most mischievous moment was when he was a kitten. He pulled on the roll of toilet paper in the bathroom which is down a very small hall off the kitchen. He dragged the toilet paper from the bathroom, through the kitchen and into the family room without it tearing. We were not at home and when we came home he was sitting in the family room next to the toilet paper as if to say "look what I did since you left me home alone."

Vines and snowflakes to all of those mentioned in the previous posts and anyone in LL that may need some help.

18. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

Oh...This is such a sweet idea...
    Lots of good thoughts and positive energy going out to all the kitties and beans that need extra support...

My favourite physical feature of Doodle is probably his face - I think he is eye-wateringly beautiful...
    but maybe it's the way he looks like he's wearing furry little gauchos when he's walking away from me - it's sooo cute... I think the whole cat is just my favourite :)

My favourite moment when he shows how much he cares:
    everynight. He comes up on the bed with me - just to purr and knead and snuggle. And sometimes he falls asleep with his arm around my neck.

Your favourite bit of mischief:
    He will just appear out of nowhere if there is a ginger snap in the room -- with his whiskers all puffed out and eyes dilated....
    On more than one occasion he has literally stolen a ginger snap out of my hand! He will grab it and run :lol:

19. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Sending absolute Healing vines to Tuscany for her paw alien, Meowzi, Bear Man,Doodle, Latte & al other LL Kitties who need healing & good health vibes just about now--Our thoughts are with you-Please be well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.