Vines for Buzz/Update & advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Buzz, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, sorry it's been so long since I've been here. It's been a really rough 2 weeks for me on a personal level. In brief, my fiance and I split up suddenly and I've had to move in with a friend and her family. They've been great, but it's been a really difficult transition for the kitties. The family has 2 dogs and 3 kids, and the kitties have been in hideout mode since I moved in on Sunday. It's been a very stressful situation for everyone, needless to say.

Buzz hasn't had her shot since Monday because she has been hiding and won't come out when I call her. She also hasn't been eating as much as normal, and I've been too worried to shoot because I can't find her half the time I look and I'm afraid she will go hypo. However, now I feel like a class A jerk because she's sick. I just got back from the vet with her, and they said she is ketoacidotic. I was expecting that based on her behavior but it was still tough to hear, knowing that I basically have done this to her. The vet (not my regular vet, unfortunately, as she is on vacation) said her ketones are mild to moderate. Buzz is staying overnight and receiving an IV drip of fluids as well as some type of food intravenously. The doctor will call before she goes home tonight to give me an update, and then we'll see what the morning brings.

I'm worried about Buzz, I'm worried about how I'm going to pay for all this, and I am feeling horribly guilty for letting this happen. Today isn't the best day of my life, to say the least, but I guess it could be worse. Anyway, if you guys could all send good thoughts and healing vines to Buzz, I would really appreciate it. I'll visit condos later on after I run Buzz's insulin back to the vet. Thank you so much for your support, as always.

Sarah

2. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Vines for Buzz, please

Oh no Sarah! Sending tons of healing vines and snowflakes and good positive energy to Buzz. And hugs for you, I'm sorry you've had such a rough time lately.

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, Sarah! I am so sorry to read this. You must be so stressed out and hurt and upset. You didn't need Buzz to get sick on top of this. If there's anything I can do, please let me know. I am sending prayers and healing vines for a quick recovery for Buzz. I hope you can find a job and more peaceful place to stay real soon. I obviously don't know your situation, but I hope it will work out the way you want. (((((((Sarah)))))))

4. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

I'm new here, and sending hugs for you and your kitties. I will never provide advice on diabetes.
    Is there a way to block off the hiding spots that prevent you from accessing them (leaving ones open that you can easily get to them) and keep them contained? I'm a member of an feline assist feeding group - cats often stop eating due to stress. My cat got very sick from not eating and needed a feeding tube for his liver to recover.

More hugs.

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((Sarah & Buzz))))))
    Oh I am soooo sorry to read this Sarah. Sending a million healing vines to our Buzz...and a ton of of snowflakes for her too.. I hope she will be 150% better tonight.l She is in the right place to get back on track.
    I feel so bad for you now Sarah....there are so many things that have changed for you....hugging you across the miles. Deep breath girl! I hope things will get better for you....but for now, deep breaths!
    How can you keep her from hiding when she gets back? She must be feeling the turmoil too. I am so very sorry to hear this Sarah....wishing you strength and better days ahead....and please keep us updated on how Buzz is. Give her kisses and hugs from us...k?

6. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

sending healing vines not just for Buzz but for you as well, break ups are brutal. I hope you both find some peace and healing soon.

7. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((Sara & Buzz)))))))))))))))))) Sending vines and snowflakes and healing white light! Sorry to hear about all that has been going on. When Buzz gets home is there anyway you can confine her so she can't hide? It is so hard when they won't eat. Have you tried Feliway or Rescue Remedy for the stress?

I got a nylon pop up kennel for Tess (at Target, 3' x 2' x 2' for $24) when I had to take her to class w/ me It had plenty of room to mov around, even for a LB.

8. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

I'm really sorry Sarah.
    I hope Buzz will be okay! sending vines and well wishes!
    and many good thoughts your way!

9. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Sarah, you've definitely got a ton of healing vines coming from me. :YMHUG: I'm also keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, too. I hope that your situation turns around for the better for you all. Hang in there.

10. Nicole and Napoleon

Nicole and Napoleon Well-Known Member

Sarah - I am so sorry you are going through this :YMHUG: You had no idea that this would be the outcome for Buzz, you were trying to keep her safe. Luckily it was caught in time and you guys will get back on track. You are both in my prayers. There is a saying that gets me through when I am going through rough times - "Sometimes when things seem like they are falling apart, they are really falling together". Something better is around the corner for you Sarah. Take care.

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((Sarah)))

I'm so sorry. The good news is that you caught this early. Severe DKA is an entirely different story and this sounds optimistic.

How about some creative problem solving? You know those cubes my guys like? What about creating some "hiding" places that are good for the kitties' peace of mind and bean-friendly? I liked the idea of blocking off the "usual" hiding places and using Feliway. What are you doing for yourself? If you're upset by all of the changes, it's no surprise Buzz is sensing that. You have to take care of yourself, too.

12. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Sarah I am so sorry life is so hard for you right now.
    As far as Buzz he is getting good care and I am sure he will be fine. Please don't feel guilty.....some things are beyond our control. :YMHUG:

Sending healing thoughts for Buzz.

13. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry! It sounds like a very big upheaval, for you as well as your kitties. :YMHUG: for all of you! Of course, sending loads of healing vines, snowflakes and positive thoughts for Buzz! It sounds like you got her in there promptly, and hopefully the vet will get her feeling better very soon.

Feeling guilty won't help her...please try not to beat yourself up, it's not going to solve anything. Take care of yourself so you can take care of her, ok? ((((Sarah))))

14. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

BigMac and I are sending you lots and lots of love and healing vines. I'm so sorry for all the stress and worry.
    Buzz is in good hands and you caught this before it got bad. I bet she will be back to her healthy loving self soon. I hope your living situation gets easier for you all.

(((((super hugs to Sarah and Buzz))))

15. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sarah I am so sorry to be reading all of this - sorry for you, and sorry for Buzz, for all your critters. What a difficult time for you.

Please do not feel guilty - you've caught it early, and Buzz is in good hands. They will take good care of her, she will be home soon.

I'm with the others - creative problem solving. The kitty condo/kennel that Ann speaks about is not too bad - lots of room, they can feel secure while still seeing what lies beyond. And blocking off hiding places, perhaps a space all their own? I hear feliway works great, and can help Buzz alot. I hope you are doing OK - i know how devastating it can be. Take care of you - there is no doubt that Buzz knows things aren't right: new digs, mom is unhappy, it all feeds into her hear and uneasiness. I wish you well, and that things are better for you soon.

Mannie and I send many any healing vines. Mannie is so worried for his friend. Buzz - get better soon!

16. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Sending peaceful healing vines for Miss Buzz, and strength to you to help you endure the Suckage of Life.

MJ&Donovan

17. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I am sorry to read about everything you are going through ... I will keep both you and buzz in our thoughts and prayers ..

18. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh honey, I'm so sorry all of this is happening! Lots of good ideas here for you to hopefully get the kitties to hide where you can get to them.

Healing vines, snowflakes and white light being sent to Buzz. And great big :YMHUG: :YMHUG: for you!!

19. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]sending a ton of healing vines and snowflakes for Buzz and Ann's idea of a tent or kennel is a very good one since we use them here sometimes and its what I show my cats in cats can feel very secure in them and most of them are roomy enough for the LB and food and water

also sending ((((((HUGS)))))) to you as you go thru a very hard time hope things improve your way soon we are here for you

20. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Sarah

We're so sorry for the transitions you've been going through lately. We're sending TONS of healing vines to Buzz and comfort/peace vines to you! Feel better soon Buzz and get home!!

21. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

((Sarah))
    And vines for you too. Both of you are going through a hard time now
    but do not be hard on yourself.
    We all now how devoted you are to Buzz so be kind to yourself.
    It sounds like you caught this early and I know you will figure
    something out to keep her safe.
    ((hugs)) for both of you.

22. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Sarah))))) (((((Buzz))))) Sending lots and lots of prayers, positive thoughts, healing vines, and snowflakes, and anything else that will help you both get through this tough situation. I'm so glad that you caught the problem before it got out of control. Getting the right care at the vet is the best place Buzz could be right now. The suggestions for cubes or tents or large "condos" for when she gets back to you are good ones and may work out for you. I hope that you'll be able to find a place of your own soon. In the meantime, just do the best you can. Try to stay positive, for that will help both you and Buzz.
    Many hugs, :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Ella

23. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

sending health healing vines for buzz...heart healing vines for you...and better living situation vines for you and the kitties!

celi & binks

24. cmk77

cmk77 Member

Wow! Can't imagine! So sorry to hear of your really tough times. Gandolf and I send prayers for you both. So glad Buzz is in good hands. LIfe happens! It just does. Hope you get a good rest tonight and a chance to recoupe a little from everything that's happened in the past few days. Also that your living situation becomes more comfortable asap. Sending lots of healing vines to you and Buzz along with everyone's!

Cee & Gandolf

25. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vines, Hugs, and everything else we can conjure for you and Buzz and everyone in the house (kitties, dogs and people).

26. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Please do not add guilt to your troubles, Sarah. Life happens, and you have so much going on. You love Buzz and will take care of him to the very best of your ability. Sending many hugs and healing vines to you and Buzz.

27. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

(((((((Sarah--BUZZ))))))))) Oh dear friends, we are so sorry to hear this, but Thank God you brought her to the vet--You again saved her life!
    So How about getting a portable kitty kennel as suggested & partly covering it with a familiar light sheet on 2 sides , so she can feel like she has her own space! Something that she can feel safe in... You know cats like their own hiding place..This kennel/condo was recommended when Moonie first came & wildly would not let me shoot or test her by our vet. Wish I had it now so you could have it!!
    Sending Giant Green Healing VINES, Blizzards of Snowflakes, Tons of caring Hugs to you & Buzz--You know we all care!
    Please update when you can.

28. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Sarah and Buzz)))) when it rains it pours but stay strong. Sending lots of snowflakes to Buzz.

29. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Sarah )))

Oh, poor Buzz, I hope she feels better soon and doesn't have to spend much time away from you. It sounds like you caught it quickly and the fluids should really help her.

30. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Best wishes to you and strong positive vibes to Buzz.

31. Sarah and Buzz

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and comforting words. They mean the world to me.

Buzz is doing better, per the vet. She has perked up enough to protest when they take her temp, and she has taken some water on her own. I had to laugh at what the vet said in regards to giving Buzz her insulin: "Her BG was down to 267 from 488, so I only gave her 1u [she's on 1.5u]; we wouldn't want to come in in the morning and find her at 100." My first response was, "Why not?!" but I managed to contain myself.

I will hear from the vet in the morning as far as if Buzz can come home or not. I'm hoping she can.

I'm about to faint from exhaustion, but I will update in the morning. Thank you all again. You guys are awesome!

32. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Sarah - that is great news I am glad things are better for Buzz. It is funny about the vet saying 100 is too low. That did bring a smile to my face. Take care, and have restful evening.

Mannie and the members of the KTS were going to bring Buzz some chicken soup so she could feel better. They were a little concerned about getting into the vet, but apparently came up with a very secret plan. I hope they made it. Mannie came home with an empty pot, so I guess the mission was successful. They miss Buzz, and hope she feels better soon.

33. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

It sounds like things are rough for you right now and also for Buzz but it also sounds like you got her to the vet in time to take care of everything and she is going to be fine. I had to chuckle also at your remarking that the vet said he didn't want to see her at 100. That really is funny.

Hopefully she will settle in where you are now when she sees that all is okay and you will be able to get back on schedule with her. Sending many comforting thoughts your way and healing vibes and prayers for your sweet little girl.

Good luck.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

34. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Wow Sarah. I was lurking on Lantus when I saw this. I am SO sorry about everything. My God. All my thoughts and prayers go out to you and Buzz. I'm glad Buzz is getting better. Remember things that don't kill us make us stronger so they say. Go easy on yourself.

35. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

so sorry to hear about all of this, sarah.
    hope buzz is home with you soon...

36. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sarah -- How's Buzz doing today?

37. Roni and Moonie

Buzz is getting better!! I knew she would--I know not out of the woods yet, but today's news is excellent.
    Hope your baby is coming Home. Snowflakes & Healing big green vines for Buzz from all of us!

38. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Oh Sarah I'm so sorry that you and Buzz are having such a hard time right now. I'm sending many prayers, healing vines and snowflakes that things turn around quickly for both of you. Hang in there.

39. Essay

Essay Member

Vines for Buzz, and my best wishes. Don't blame yourself though. Had you forced Buzz out it may well have stressed Buzz out further and just made things worse. I'm glad to hear things are improving.

40. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear that Buzz is improving, Sarah. Please take care and keep us posted.

41. Marje and Gracie

Sarah

Sending some healing vines for you, too, for your exhaustion and worry! But extra vines to Miss Buzz....hope she gets home very soon!

42. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Hi Sarah, We're keeping sending all those positive thoughts, vines, etc. etc. I hope that you got some peaceful time with Buzz today and that your situation and Buzz's health will get better and better. Buzz, you'll be home with your mamabean soon!
    Thinking of you!
    :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Ella

43. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

Sarah, I hope you get your Buzz back home soon... cat_pet_icon I'm sending many prayers, healing vines and snowflakes to both of you...

44. Sarah and Buzz

Hi everyone! Let me say again that your support and encouragement (both for Buzz and for me) have helped immeasurably. Thank you.

Buzz came home this afternoon, sporting a very fetching pink/grey/white camo pressure wrap. She used the car ride to tell me about her night visitors; apparently it was quite the spectacle, with Mannie shushing all the dogs with steak, and Shadow directing traffic. Everyone had their roles and it went off without a hitch. She was so touched that everyone showed up.

She received sub-q fluids just before leaving the vet and her temperature was back up to normal. She ate and drank at the vet; they gave her dry kitten food and said she wolfed it down. Of course she did! Her BUN and creatinine were elevated but I don't remember what values the vet said. Something was at 325, but that's all I know for now. She is not eating since she came home but I have been force-feeding her watered-down canned food as well as water. I am worried she isn't getting enough hydration but I can't constantly syringe water into her, either. She got her shot last night and this morning but not tonight because she won't eat. Advice on this? I have had her sequestered in my bedroom all day so I can keep an eye on her.

Thoughts on food would be appreciated too. I will soon need advice on diet for kidneys that is diabetic-friendly, but more pressing is: should I feed her anything I have to (i.e. dry) to get her to eat?

I checked her BG around +5 today and she was at 173. Decent, given the circumstances.

45. Marje and Gracie

Sarah

Can you talk to your vet about doing squids at home for her? It depends on what her kidney values are as to what she needs as well as other considerations
    like her heart (has she ever had a murmur), her size, etc. It's important to get her values (creat, BUN, phosphorus, potassium to name just a very few). Does
    he think she has chronic kidney disease or is this just an acute episode? Ele and I are both in a very helpful CRF group in yahoogroups. Ele could better tell
    you about what foods are good for kidneys and FD but I've included a link below. The thing about kidneys is you mainly want to get a low phosphorus food. The old school thinking of low protein is passe for most good vets...the real issue is keeping phosphorus low. I do not feed the renal diets to my CRF girl (she is allergic to many of the ingredients in them....I just try to give her good, high quality canned food with as low phosphorus as I can (granted that the renal diets are the lowest in phosphorus but I have no idea how they stack up in carbs). Here's the link to a great chart showing phosphorus values...you could compare it to J&Bs and see if any with low phosphorus also are lower in carbs:

http://www.felinecrf.org/canned_food_us ... ata_tables

This is from Tanya's site...one of the most authoritative on CKD. She states the best food to give your kidney cat is the ONE IT WILL EAT. I'm sure others will tell
    you that the most critical thing is getting your cat to eat.

If you do decide to give her squids, let Ele or me know...we can give you great info on where to get fluids, needles to use (pls don't use the harpoons the vets use..I use a Terumo Ultra Thin Wall 21g needle..small for squids but my kitty is an angel and will sit still for a longer time). Just ask us whatever questions you need to on the renal issues and if we don't know, we can probably find out through the CRF group. So glad she is home with you!! Healing vines to Buzz!

46. Libby and Lucy

I'm glad Buzz is home where she belongs. :smile:

I second the suggestion to give her whatever she will eat for now. I also second asking about fluids. Depending on what caused the kidney values to go up, they could improve again and helping her stay hydrated can help them get better.

47. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah,
    I'm so glad Buzz is home, but I also realize how stressful this is for you. I agree with the suggestion to have some fluids on hand. Also, can you ask the vet for an appetite stimulant? That might help too. Also some things to try that will fit through a syringe: baby food, Wellness Chicken or Turkey. Sometimes they'll eat the baby food on their own. Get the ones that are just meat, no rice. And just to get her to eat, you can feed her deli turkey or cook up some turkey cutlets or chicken breasts and see if she'll eat that.

When you get a chance, please post Buzz's results.

Sending healing vines and prayers to Buzz and you. I hope everything else in your life is going a little better.

48. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

That's wonderful news about Buzz, Sarah! :) Continuing my healing thoughts and prayers, and hoping that she can come home tomorrow (Monday). *HUGS* Hang in there, girl.

49. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Hi Sarah, So glad that Buzz is home with you and that she is feeling better. I do hope that you can keep her hydrated and get her to eat. When Stu was diagnosed with CRF we got him a water fountain (the kind that constantly re-circulates the water and keeps it fresh and appealing). He loved it and it was never a problem to get him to drink. We also used Tanya's food list (the one that Marjorie sent you the link for). It is excellent. We immediately switched Stu to Wellness turkey or chicken, both of which are low in phosphorus. Also, I believe that EVO 95% chicken & turkey is low in phosphorus.
    We are continuing to send good thoughts to you and Buzz and hope that today will be a good day for you both.
    Many hugs,
    Ella

50. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Sarah & Buzz)))) I am so happy to hear that Buzz is home with you. You got great suggestions from Marjorie and Ele & Ella and I hope you can figure out a good food for Buzz...and sending some healing vines and appetite vines to her this morning. How is is doing today? We love you Buzz...please eat for your Mama... :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

51. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

I'm so happy to hear that Buzz is home with you.

I agree with Libby -- food trumps most things. Baby food (Gerber State 2 is just meat and broth) may be a good place to start. If you have FortiFlora, many cats like that a lot and it may get Buzz to eat. Otherwise, like others suggested, an appetite stimulant (mirtazepine or cyproheptadine) may not be a bad idea.

If there's any way you can even get a reduced dose of insulin into Buzz, I think you should consider it. If you skip shots, you could be right back where you started with ketones developing. And, please remember to test for ketones.

I wonder if Buzz is having a hard time with all of the different noises and smells. How about turning on a radio or soft music to drown out some of the background noise.
    ? Now may be a really good time for Feliway, too. If you can pick up one of the plug-in atomizers it may help to calm Buzz and help her acclimate to her new surroundings.

52. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

I ma so glad that Buzz is home. I wish you well today. I can't add anything more to what has already been said about the food, etc.

Buzz - today is party day. i know you just got home, but maybe you'd like to come? I can pick you up, and promise that we will take good care of you. See you! ~~ Mannie, NCIC

53. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending you tons of get better vines to Buzz and anti stress to you. Don't blame yourself about Buzz. It's hard when they hide. Is there a room you could keep him in for awhile when he gets back? I'm sorry things have not been very good for you lately. I hope things turn around for you soon. I'll be thinking of you both.

jan and sara

54. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

happy to hear buzz is home with you, sarah!

would love to hear an update this morning as to how buzz is feeling, eating, bg numbers, and when and how much insulin you've given her. it's a good time to get back to using her spreadsheet to record not only bg numbers, but how much water you're giving her, how much food she has consumed, etc. start a new condo and update her ss when you can. i noticed nothing's been entered since the 15th.

i agree with the others. if you don't know how to give sub-q fluids, now's the time to learn and have them on hand. coming off ketoacidosis, there are a few things that become more important than ever:

1. getting food into her
    2. extra fluids either by mouth or sub-q
    3. administering insulin
    4. testing urine for ketones daily or use a blood ketone meter
    5. if the vet found any infection present, the infection has to be treated

try the usual enticements... baby food, freeze-dried chicken dust, parmesan cheese, kibble ground into dust, or fortiflora sprinkled on food, warming her food, feeding dry food if necessary. Evo makes a dry Turkey & Chicken formula which is listed on the food charts at only 8%. eating trumps all, but be aware that when feeding dry only, you'll have to make sure she's getting extra fluids to compensate. it's in her best interest to get as much wet food into her as possible. wellness turkey or chicken is easily mixed with water for syringe feeding. another method is to make tiny meatballs of her food and place one at a time on the roof of her mouth (use those little tiny teeth in the middle to scrape the food off your finger tip). assisted feeding can be frustrating, time consuming, and very hard work, but necessary if buzz won't eat on her own. with any luck, she'll start eating on her own today! :D

keep detailed records. over a 24 hour period, you'll want to get at least the amount of ounces and calories in her that she normally eats each day.

getting food into buzz will make you feel more comfortable administering insulin. she needs insulin to keep the ketones at bay. you'll also have to be vigilant about testing her urine for ketones daily you can get her over this hump.

let us know how she's doing and how we can help.
    (((hugs)))

55. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Just getting to your condo today...Lots of stuff going on with Buzz, I see. I'm glad she is home with you now and I hope that you are able to get some food into her.

56. Roni and Moonie

So happy that Buzz is home and safe...She will feel much better just being is her iwn surroundings & with her family!!
    No med advice, just sending my strongest Healing Vines to sweet Buzz. nd Big Hugs to you!

57. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Sarah I'm so glad that Buzz is home.

I know that the prescription foods are lower, but I just got these s fed values from Wellness for the pouches and the phosphorus is lower than the canned.
    Tess loves the gravy! They are the high end of LC to Low end MC, but better than most low phos foods. Might be an idea for the short term. I've gotten them at PetSmart.

58. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah: Just wanted to let you know that you and Buzz are still very much in my thoughts. I know how stressful it is when you just get a kitty home from hospital. It's hard. I hope Buzz is eating a bit for you now. Hang in there and remember you are never alone.

59. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Sara,
    Im so sorry about your situation. Im very glad to hear that Buzz was well enough to come home. I know you will find a way to help her feel comfortable and safe in her new surroundings. Most importantly is that YOU are there for her, and always have been.

I echo the wellness turkey and chicken, if there are potential kidney issues alongside the fd. But for now, whatever she will eat to help her be strong...just like her momma, is what she should get!

Hang in there!!!

60. Libby and Lucy

any update today, Sarah?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.