Vinnie update.....dental

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hope + (((Baby)))GA, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Well, the boy is fine but just may change his name to SnagglePuss. His liver enzymes are all back to normal(will never know if they went out of whack from Glip), still a little yeast problem in both ears so will continue to treat, and dental done. Poor boy.....3 abcessed and rotten canines pulled, one incisor broken off with retained root so root was dealt with and he is slowly waking up. Did fine throughout dental but very glad I had a cardiology check and full body check done a few weeks ago so he was good to go for the dental. Once he heals he should feel so much better. Never saw a sign of drooling, no problems eating...just wanted a dental done never even knowing how bad his mouth was. Even with all that in his mouth he still stayed OTJ. Picking him up later today.

My DH still hasn't learned when Vinnie reaches up to grab you with his paws you DO NOT pull away :mrgreen:

2. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

My, I didn't know Vinnie was going to have his teeth cleaned. That does sound like alot of work to have done. Ennis's last dental involved only one extraction, and he was off his game for 3 days. Hope the much younger Vinnie bounces back more quickly.

3. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Wow, he must be an awesome cat with all that going on and he did't even fuss before hand. He's never met the diva miss Lilly Grace ;-)

4. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Hi Hope,

So glad to hear that Vinnie is getting such good care. He is such a lucky boy!

Jibber does the reaching up thing too with his paws, but even though I don't pull my hand away, he proceeds to chomp down pretty hard. He sometimes scares me. He has never outgrown that 'wild' behavior, that I was hoping he would.

If you get a chance, post some pictures of Vinnie, or a video like you did before. That was neat. :)

Jean and Charcoal (GA)

5. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Poor guy - I'm surprised he could eat with all that in his mouth. Poor baby.

Glad he's waking up and doing okay - am sure he'll feel so much better now. '

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

6. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Guy! That's a lot of dental work! Hope he bounces back quick.

'Dini has lost a lot of teeth including all canines but one....when he yawns it's pretty funny :lol:

How about some pics when he's feeling better?

7. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Vinnie's dental went well, even though he had to have some major work. Hey, maybe he and Flamie can have a contest! Who's got less toofers!! :lol:
    ('cept I got Flamie that way!)

8. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

getting all those painful teeth out will make him feel so much better. ( and since he's been hiding it I will be interested to hear if he shows any personality changes when he is recovered from the procedure.

speedy recovery vibes for vinnie !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.