Vitacost and Zobaline?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Zobaline, vs Vitacost (Vitamin B-12 Methycobalamin 5000 mcg capsules. I was reading about this type of B-12 from Vitacost . It's much cheaper than the Zobaline but it doesn't have the folic acid in it which is supposed to also help with the neuropathy. Anyone's thoughts on it. Thanks

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You could use that. Zobaline has 3000 mcg per tablet so these are higher. Probably isn't an issue. Make sure the tablets are free of all sugars and flavouring.

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thanks for replying back, I will definitely check

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. Kris & Teasel

I gave a similar supplement to Teasel for a while - 2500 mcg methylcobalamin, no folic acid, no sugar, no flavour. It dissolved easily in the water I add to his wet food meals and was completely tasteless (I tried it myself!). I can't buy Zobaline from a Canadian supplier and ordering from the US cost a lot for shipping.

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

I emailed Vitacost and they told me to read the ingredients, did not give me a definite answer which I did not like, I googled every ingredient in it and doesn't look like there is any sugars or flavoring, but still not happy that they didn't give me a solid answer. I just emailed them again.
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Capsule
    Servings per Container: 60

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) 5000 mcg 83,333%

Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin, vegetable stearic acid, vegetable magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide.
    Vitacost Vitamin B-12 Methylcobalamin Description
    Superior form of vitamin B-12.

What is Vitamin B-12?

Vitamin B-12 (cobalamin) is a water-soluble B vitamin that’s vital for carbohydrate metabolism and energy production.* It also plays an important role in the formation of healthy red blood cells.*

Methylcobalamin is an active coenzyme of the vitamin B12 analogs, which are essential for cell growth and replication.* Methylcobalamin is required for the formation of methionine from homocysteine.*. They are $17.57 for 60 capsules and $ 23.92 for 100 capsules

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  7. Kris & Teasel

No sugar in those and no flavouring mentioned so they should be fine.

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you, that's what I thought

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  9. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.