Vitamins-should I or shouldn't I?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sabrina's Mom, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabrina's Mom

Sabrina's Mom New Member

I was wondering if a vitamin supplement was a good or bad thing for a diabetic cat? I've given Sabrina Pet-tinic a couple of times now but thought I'd better ask around. Thanks in advance.

2. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a bad idea. I use Nu-Cat by Vetri-Science on my kittens and elders alike.

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

My only suggestion is to read the ingredients and be sure there is nothing in it that could be unfriendly for diabetes.

4. Sabrina's Mom

Sabrina's Mom New Member

Thank you, I'll check out the label. Have a great weekend.

5. Sunshine and BA

Sunshine and BA Member

Also, if your kitty has any kidney issues, might want to use caution with calicum/phorphorous supplements which may be included in a "One a Day" type of vitamin.

Sunshine and BA

6. Sabrina's Mom

Sabrina's Mom New Member

She has no known kidney issues but I thought it strange that my vet immediately had put her on the Hill's Prescription Diet KD for crf kitties(I really do hate that term "crf", by the way-they make it sound like it's terminal and my boy was diagnosed about 10 years ago cat(2)_steam (I have a gang that eat on that now including his sister, brother, mother, and father-lol).

So much for the Petinic-first ingredient is corn syrup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.