Vomiting after Vaccines

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by hmclaughlin1973, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmclaughlin1973

hmclaughlin1973 Member

Hi, Everyone! Let me just preface this with: please don't judge me for the choices I make for my cat.

Today I got PJ vaccinated for the first time since we adopted him. I had to get his vaccines because we are going to travel and I am going to have to board him for the first time due to his diabetes and the facility requires pets to be vaccinated.

That said: He has had 3 rounds of vomiting since we got home. He lays down on the floor and throws up then gets up and walks away. He ate last at 8a and had then had 2 units of insulin.

I'm not sure if the vomiting is just due to the heavy stress although he hasn't vomited like this before after vet visit. I called and the vet said it could definitely be a vaccine reaction and to test him, feed him and dose him and keep a close eye on him. If it calms down he should be fine, but if he continues she suggested a trip to the emergency vet.

Has anyone vaccinated and had this reaction? If so, did it subside or did it get serious?

2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

I had some bad reactions to vaccines, but never vomit, actually allergic reactions, but what happened was he lost part of his hair in a matter of two or three hours after de vaccination and got his lips swollen like he had had a bad beating, it did not went away on it's own I had to gave him some med for the allergic reaction

hmclaughlin1973 likes this.
  3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Our dog always had a bad day after vaccinations. Never had any kind of vomiting with a cat, standard vaccines for indoor cats.
    Judge you for that??? There's way too much of that in the world outside this forum.

hmclaughlin1973 likes this.
  4. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

I stopped vaccinating my cats after they all had severe reactions. No vomiting, but hiding, withdrawn and not eating for about 5 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.