Vomiting Help!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by greytblackdog, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greytblackdog

greytblackdog Member

My Emma (12 yo) has been fighting a UTI for the last month. We are at the end of the second round of antibiotics to heal her bladder which is was full of crystals. We will go for another check up on Friday.

During this time her BS has been all over the place. Sometimes 400+ AMPS. Sometimes 120 AMPS. It has really been quite a struggle to get her remotely regulated, which for her is 212 AMPS and 200 PMPS.

Over the past couple of days she has been vomiting. I thought she might have a hairball, but today she can't keep anything down. I've dealt with this with my non-diabetic kitties, but not sure how to handle it with Emma. She is drinking water, but this morning it wouldn't stay down either. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Heather & Emma
    2.1u BID Vetsulin
    Home Testing Saves Lives

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

That type of stress could have caused a pancreatitis flare. Have you called your vet? Emma may need some fluids.

Could also be a block since the water isn't staying down. Hairball can cause a block, even a constipated kitty can have these problems.

If it were my cat, I'd probably bring my cat to the vet. Water not staying down is not something I would wait on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.