Vomiting?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by jstutz99, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jstutz99

jstutz99 New Member

Hi everyone,

My cat Chester was diagnosed with diabetes almost three years ago, but thanks to the wonderful people on the board we were able to treat him with insulin and eventually wean him off. He has been in remission for about 2 1/2 years.

He has recently started to vomit. Usually it has been once a week. On advice of vet, we have used pepcid AC to help control the acid in his stomach. Not sure if it is helping. Anyway, last night he threw up a lot, hasnt eaten much today and thrown what he has up.

Is there a potential link between the diabetes and another ailment causing vomiting? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jeff & Chester

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I am not aware of any link between vomiting and diabetes. You mentioned you tried Pepcid an the advice of a vet. Has chester been to the vet for an exam and blood work since the vomiting started. Pancreatitis is possible. Is Chester diabetic now?

3. jstutz99

jstutz99 New Member

Chester is not diabetic now. Or, I guess I should say that we control it with food (FF) which keeps his BG intact.

The vet said she would normally go for steroids, but this can cause a relapse of the diabetes so we are holding off for now. He has been to the vet for exam, but no bloodwork. I am calling the vet tomorrow, but I like to go in armed with the experience of the folks on the board.

Thanks for your interest and help.

Jeff

4. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

5. jstutz99

jstutz99 New Member

Awesome - thank you!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.