Voracious appetite?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Rusty & Smokey, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rusty & Smokey

Rusty & Smokey Member

Since the weekend Smokey has had a voracious appetite. We lost power on Friday and got it back Sunday night. It had been cold in the house for everyone, including the kitties.

Been monitoring Smokey's BG and it's been in it's usual range I think. He earned a reduction which we will hold for a week before doing another curve.

But he's been ravenous! Tonight he ate his brother's food completely! Should I worry too much about this, or could it just be the stress of the weekend?

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Glad you got your power back! How is he this AM? I’m not sure if stress would raise Smokey’s appetite or not. Can you get a few midcycle tests, or even a before bed test to check his BG? He may be a bit higher from a bounce after the 54. I wouldn’t worry though, just watch him.

3. Rusty & Smokey

Rusty & Smokey Member

Sorry for the late reply! On Wednesday morning he was still a bit ravenous, but as of today (Friday) he's settled down! However, I'm a bit puzzled by his AMPS and PMPS readings. His BG is a little wacky right now, though perhaps that's good timing, as he's due for another BG curve in two days to see how his 0.75 IU dose is working. Could you or someone else take a look at his SS? I'm not overly worried, but a little frustrated as his BG is back up in the 200-300s.

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Your best bet for dose advice is to post on the Lantus forum where they know that insulin best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.