Walgreens TRUE TEST 165 mg/dL off!!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Traveling Cats, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveling Cats

Traveling Cats Member

Wow, I thought when y'all said it had accuracy problems, maybe it was like *sometimes* off. Or maybe it was *30* points off. NO! We tested back-to-back today with the Walmart Relion vs the Walgreens True Test. Relion = 372. True Test = 207. Big Freakin' Difference!! The True Test is 165 mg/dL off! Going to test my cat for ketones now even though the True Test would have let me go on thinking we were mildly high... :-x
    I'm glad you suggested I switch to the Walmart Relion. Seems much more RELIABLE!

2. michelle & jake

michelle & jake Member

Yep, my Jake is dealing with liver problems probably stemming from the fact that I thought he was regulated. His fructosamine test shows he is not. I have a Walgreens TT & had the vet test it.....the higher numbers were accurate but the lower numbers were not. So....when I thought he was 80....he was probably closer to 150.

3. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Interesting --
    I used the Walgreens True whatever meter in the beginning and got frustrated with time-out errors and bad strips. Didn't notice the numbers too much. Norton was an acrocat, so we were hoping for 200's...

Since we order syringes from www.hocks.com, I checked out their Meter Deals -- and discovered the Maxima AST.

It is a great meter, and the test strips run $0.30 each when you buy 6x 50ct (300 test strips) (price reductions for bulk buys)
    The shipping is free when you purchase more than $79, so we buy test strips, lancets and syringes, and get a couple months supply.
    syringes $17.49 per 100
    lancets $1.49 per 100
    test strips $14.99 per 50 when buying 6 ($90)

4. ourboypinky

ourboypinky Member

Getting a lot of E-3 readings with the True Test meter. Obtaining a blood sample is difficult with our cat so this is very frustrating. Can anyone recomend a really good and perhaps affordable meter w/strips that delivers consistent results? We also have a Bayer Breeze. Any feedback on this meter? If anyone has the time to respond, TIA.

5. hmjohnston

hmjohnston Well-Known Member

Relion Micro or Confirm is great (if you live near a Wally world) and a lot of people on the board use it. Bayer Breeze is also a good one- so if you have one use it.

I had a lot of E readings with my TRUEread meter- first one i got- complete waste of money to get that.

6. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

7. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

I started with the True Test and did not have problems with it. Beau went OTJ while using it. But I got a True Result ( same manufacturer) meter when Jeddie went back on insulin and it was way different than the TT meter - numbers much lower. I called the 800 number and they said it was much more accurate than the TT one. They tried to say that maybe the strips were bad - lots of error codes as well as bad numbers and sent new strips which, of course, did not help. I did not believe it and got a Bayer Contour which works great.

8. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

According the the 2011 consumer reports ratings, Walgreens' True Result and True2go meters are good meters to have: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjcBiiIVLby8dDUzZmMzUmNmVUtWWERST2xidWxnUVE#gid=0.

9. Munchkin's Reagan

Munchkin's Reagan Member

I just had a huge eye opener the other day with my TrueResults being completely inaccurate. I tested it twice against a new ReliOn. The first had an 80 difference, second 125 difference. I can't tell you how long I've been relying on that batch of test strips/meter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.