Walker & Wobbly

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by FoxThain, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxThain

FoxThain Member

howdy!

So my little girl Walker is “probably” diabetic. We did blood work thinking it was thyroid and they want to check her pee to be 100% sure. But given what I know I’m sure they are correct. Her brother Wobbly is over weight but not showing signs of diabetes. I need to go back for a full & final diagnosis. They are both 7 years sold and spoiled.

Attached Files:

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Oh, I like them! I want to pet them. :cat: Welcome!

Maybe if you get them both on a high-protein, low-carb wet food diet you can straighten them out. :) Please post any questions you have over on the main health forum.

3. Harley Baby & Michele

Harley Baby & Michele Member

Welcome! I also have an oreo cookie that is a little "Fluffy" per his doc. :rolleyes: His name is Oliver.

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome, they are adorable. I second FurBabiesMama about changing the diet and hopefully that will change the "maybe" diagnosis. If it is verified though, please home test so that you know what Walker's blood sugar levels are, especially if you change to low carb, high protein wet food. The low carb food lowers the BG (blood glucose). When are you going back to the vet? A blood glucose test at the vet might also be a little higher, because of the stress of the visit. Please let us know what the results are.

5. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

'Allo and welcome to the FDMB.

Obvs I hope your Walker is not diabetic but if it turns out to be so then hop on over to the main health forum so folks int he kow can help get you started with everything you most need to know.

Wobbly , lovely pusscat, you are in good company with me. I am not spoilt at all but these years tend to the jellyish.

6. FoxThain

FoxThain Member

So an update for you all.
    Finally got back to the vet (once we were all moved) The vets here are crazy. They do basic shots but other stuff you have to take your pet to the ER vet (which is annoying) ANYHOW. Walker went in today. She's on fluids, antibiotics, insulin drip, and I'm sure 100 other things. They thought she was worse off than she actually was, but turns out she wasn't as bad as they thought. They haven't given me numbers so IDK where/what she's at. The Vet did mention an insulin that comes in a pen form. One pen is about $100 but should last about month (give or take) I don't remember the name it was just a quick "so you know" kind of thing.

They did an ultrasound to check her liver and all. They look fine. She has an appetite but they gave her meds to increase the appetite even more (she has a history of Fatty Liver). I'll know more tomorrow. I should be able to bring her home Saturday. Then the REAL fun begins :_:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.