? Walmart food??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sherrib, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

does anyone know if "SPEACIAL KITTY" pate canned food from Walmart is safe ( carb wise) I really thought I saw this brand on the safe list but don't see it anymore. I think the food is Walmart's brand of FF, Friskies, and 9 lives.
    Thank you in advance for help

PS
    I've beeen in the hospital without access to the site, and sadly skittles has still not been able to get dental work done and his BG levels are still high sometimes, so he definitely not in remission anymore. And I am at my wits and and don't know what to do because of my own health and financial problems .

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

It's not as updated but this is the only chart I have with Special Kitty information. Sorry to hear you were in the hospital, I hope your health is doing better. I had noticed you had not been around. :bighug: Sending healing vines for you and Skittles:bighug:
    http://binkyspage.tripod.com/CanFoodNew.html

3. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear you are having health issues, prayers for your recovery. :bighug:

I think most of the Special Kitty foods are pretty low-carb. I used them for a while but one of my cats had trouble tolerating it and developed diarrhea, so I stopped feeding it. Just be careful because they were among the latest recalls. I'm sure if you google cat food recalls you can find the info. There is also information here on FDMB about the recall, just not sure where. Someone else may know, though.

4. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

I hope you're on the mend. Did you see the latest updated list from Dr. Lisa? I don't think special kitty is on there but it might be worth looking through for lower carb low cost options.

5. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

I just saw it, thank you. I'm at a stop light so I can't message

StephG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.