Walmart refused discount coupons for Lantus

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lawman44, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawman44

Lawman44 New Member

SHAME ON WALMART
    I just went to Walmart yesterday to refill a prescription for my cat for Lantus Solostar pens to treat his diabetes. I have always used a coupon there for the insulin because I dont have the ins coverage with no problems. Yesterday Walmart refused to accept the coupon and said they changed their policy when it comes to medications for animals. The price with the coupon I was told would be $225.00 . I was called back to the pharmacy and the pharmacist refused to fill the prescription unless I paid $443.00. Went to Target and they took the coupon but had to pay $337.00 A letter went out today to Michelle Gloeckler Executive Vice President, Consumables and Health and Wellness and U.S. Manufacturing Lead of Walmart 702 SW 8th St, Bentonville, AR 72716 to express my disgust with this new policy..Does Wal-Mart hate animals that much????

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Thank Obama. All prescriptions for humans now have to include a physicians ID number. Vets don't have them. Unless you run into a pharmacist who is willing to bend the rules the discount won't be allowed. This has nothing to do with the individual stores/pharmacies...

Edited to clarify: The discount coupons require a physicians ID number. Vet's don't have them. Unless you run into a pharmacist who is willing to bend the rules by keying in a physician's ID number the discount won't be allowed.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  3. Lawman44

Lawman44 New Member

Yes Thats what Costco said its called an MPI number but Walmart always filled the script in the past Again it all falls back on Sanofi not allowing this. I just spoke to someone who gets Lantus for herself and she pays out of pocket $6.00 for a box of 5 pens. Its ridiculous that in order for us to treat are pets we have to spend $443.00

4. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

The greed of the pharmaceutical companies knows no bounds.

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

That's it... MPI Number (master patient index number)! Thank you. I couldn't remember what they called it.
    She must have good insurance!
    Yes, it is.

I think a whole lot of members from the US are now purchasing insulin from Canada. As for price, Marks Marine Pharmacy in Canada can't be beat... that's why a lot of our members buy from them. All the information is in the Insulin from Canadian Pharmacies thread (the very LAST post talks about Marks).

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

That is why I buy my lantus from Mark's Marine in Canada.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.