Want more Visits? = Visit more condos!!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by TheBowHuntress, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Hi LL Members :D ,

Just a little advice to anyone out there who doesn't get a whole lot of visitors to their daily condos:

When I first started posting I was not getting a whole lot of visitors on Gobbles' daily condos. Once I started introducing myself to others and visiting their condos, I made lots of great friends, learned so much, and learned that by visiting others' condos, they usually would stop in and visit my condos.

2. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Want more Visits = Visit more condos

Where's the *like* button? :D

3. Alexis & Nikki (GA)

Alexis & Nikki (GA) Member

I'm lurking from my home over on the "Relaxed" Lantus board, but I'll stop in if we're welcome! :D

Here's my Intro to Nikki and Today's thread in which she went diving and then borrowed a trampoline. :D

Hope everyone is having a great night!

4. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Thank you for the advice!

5. Re: Want more Visits = Visit more condos

Terrific advice Kat!

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

But long-time members need to continue to put themselves out there and reach out to all new members.

New members are dealing with alot of stress and overwhelmed with what there is to learn. They shouldn't have to worry about visiting condos to get people on theirs.

Yes, it is a great learning tool to visit other condos but those first few weeks are stressful. We need to be reaching out to them constantly so they feel a part of our great family. Break the mold....if you see a condo with only 1 or 2 visits...go there and post.

7. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Marje, what a thoughtful things to say.
    As one of the new members, I am in tears with gratitude.
    You are right, since I joined until recently, I didn't have any mental / physical (time wise) room left to visit other members' condos.
    I am now a bit settled, and starting to enjoy visiting condos and meeting new people finally!
    So.. both advice are wonderful, but give us newbies some time!

8. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Agreed to both! It's nice to have guests stopping in your kitties condo, but it's also nice as a newbie to be able to take the time and to just settle into FD life .. In time we all learn to manage "condo time" whether it be mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends, etc .. :D

9. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

Morning to you all, I would write a lot more but have only been out of my half case after wrist surgery so still a little painful. But You all will hear more from me hand and wrist getting stronger. Big Meow =^:^=
    Linda and Lucky

10. TheBowHuntress

Hi! Ouch--that wrist sounds paiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinful! Hope it heals up real quick and you're no longer in pain!! I'm glad you saw this post :D

11. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! Hoot and I are back after a 6 month vacation at the Falls. I am just trying to remember all there is to do. But it's all coming back :lol: SLOWLY :lol: It is always nice when someone stops by to say hi. And I learn so much from other peoples condos! I just still don't know what I would have done without all the wonderful people on this board. We are so grateful for all of you. I still consider us pretty newbies as Hoot was only on Lantus for a month and then went to the Falls. What a Roller Coaster ride that was nailbite_smile But hang in there newbies....It does get easier :YMHUG:

12. TheBowHuntress

bump

13. mimi4neeyah and Loki

mimi4neeyah and Loki Member

Great post. I for one started taking it personally when I got no responses but there are a few who do stop by and sometimes just say "hi" which means the world to me in this scary place of Feline Diabetes. Some nights I am up reading and re-reading all the stickies and at times it feels like I cannot remember anything I have read.
    I know there are "rules" such as posting in 2 different forums with the same type of question but I have to remember that I am a nervous wreck most times Loki decides to be a cat and do this own thing with the BG"s so being human I have made mistakes with the protocol BUT I also have made a great and supportive friend here who I feel blessed to have available, she has saved my sanity many times and I know Loki is forever grateful to her.
    If anyone ever need a shoulder I am very available.
    Keep on sugar parents...
    :YMHUG:

14. TheBowHuntress

I still sometimes have to re-read the stickies when trying to help others out :D .....I still am a nervous wreck sometimes over the most trivial re right--a cat deciding to be a cat; the nerves are surely a momma-bean thing!..

15. Janet and Izzy (GA)

Janet and Izzy (GA) Member

Hopefully when things start feeling "routine" to me I will have time to visit more condos. Between 2 jobs, 3 horses (one with sweet itch which is not life threatening but a PITA to deal with), a dog and 3 cats (Izzy with CRF 3rd state, possible 4 I have to look that up and now diabetes), trying to keep up with my daily spreadsheet, posting her condos, trying to figure out how to link old condos (I really need save that cut and paste feature), the occassional midnight glucose readings.....what I am really feeling is EXHAUSTED lol.

Obviously I try to read some posts...cause on on this one :) I certainly don't feel qualified to tell anyone anything hahahaha. I'd say I'm still a sponge...but at the moment I'm feeling like a soggy one :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.