Wasting away

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Sandjules & Mama Cat, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Sandjules & Mama Cat

Sandjules & Mama Cat Member

Hi, all.

Mama Cat is still losing weight, is bony and gaunt. I've updated the latest readings ... she really does seem to be doing well on 2u. Based on what I've noticed, it seems like I could go a little higher, maybe to 2.5? Though I guess I'll have to test her after she eats before we give her a shot. Her fairly recent Xrays and ultrasounds don't show any issues with her organs, her blood work came back normal, except for some elevated liver enzymes. Both vets I consulted weren't too concerned about that given her scans were fine. They have ruled out cushings.

She eats every chance she gets. She gets at least 2 cans of Friskies pate each day, a little more most days. She has started peeing at random places in the house, though we've also seen her use the litter boxes. She seems disoriented at times, we're thinking she's partially blind (her pupils are always large), but she hears just fine ... comes when we call her. She's sort of twitchy sometimes. She loves to be loved on and purrs.

I suppose I'll take her back to the vet, but I honestly don't know what they'll do besides traumatizing her bloodwork. Any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Julie